Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Handte c - Buyer Beware
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Handte c - Buyer Beware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
projem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Handte c - Buyer Beware Reply with quote

I had ordered TomTom NAVIGATOR 6 from Handtec.co.uk some five weeks ago and given my delivery address in central London
(24/7 manned security reception etc). I received an email from Handtec within 30 seconds stating the order had been received, monies taken, packed, despatched and would arrive with me shortly (paid extra for next day delivery).
I WAS impressed. Having chased them some time later, I received an email from "Customer Services" stating they were unable to deliver???
and a further one promising a refund. Still waiting!

I now realise I should have Googled "Handtec review" prior to the order and not after, where I would have found the Trading Standards review.

-------------------------
Your credit card has successfully been charged for this order.
Your order has shipped!

4th July Great news! Your order has shipped and should arrive soon. Your credit card has successfully been charged for this order."

# 4 Jul
Order received - Handtec received your order.

# 4 Jul
Order placed - Your order was placed with Handtec. A confirmation email was sent to you by Google.

# 4 Jul
Handtec shipped your order.

# 4 Jul
£89.12 charge - Your credit card (xxxx) was charged for £89.12. "GOOGLE *Handtec" will appear on your credit card statement.

# 11 Jul
Seller contacted - You sent Handtec an email with the subject: What is the status of my order?
Message: "I have still not received my order having payed for next day delivery, please advise! ----------

# 11 Jul
Seller contacted - You sent Handtec an email with the subject: I have other questions about this order
Message: "What a shame your email replies to a first time customer takes as long as your delivery. Please advise on my "next day delivery" dated 4th July.
My first order through Handtec has been pretty dire, advise please, when you find the time."

# 31 Jul
Seller contacted - You sent Handtec an email with the subject: I would like to cancel my order
Message: "Cancel this order. Nearly a month since i received an email saying this item had been "despatched" and more bs in second email from "customer services" Laughing Out Loud, advise asap. Not happy."

# The item has been returned by the courier service due to an unsuccessful delivery attempt. We have cancelled your order and refunded you accordingly.
Mark Ally (Customer Service Team)

# 7 Aug
Seller contacted - You sent Handtec an email with the subject: I would like to request a refund or return an item
Message: "My money has still not been refunded. How long do I have to wait. Advise"

# 8 Aug
Seller contacted - You sent Handtec an email with the subject: I would like to request a refund or return an item
Message: "Is it possible you may be able to respond to my emails, I gave you my money 5 weeks ago for items listed below that have not been supplied. Please return my money."

Do you have questions about this order? Contact Handtec (you can try)
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try ringing them on 0845 644 77 27

or contact your credit card company and tell them whats happened.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch!!
Thank goodness I didn't read this a week ago when I ordered my GO720 from them and paid extra for delivery before 9:30am next day. It arrived at 8:20am. Nevertheless, I'd seen their address and had thought at least I could see their place of business on one of the map programs and could "pop round" if I had difficulty. (Yes, I know it's 182.2 miles away from Keynsham, but for over £300 I can be insistent!).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
2ashley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here dennis received my goods spot on. I didn't have any doubts as at least a couple of people I know have ordered from them in the past

I dont understand why the chap above just didn't call Handtec.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2ashley wrote:
same here dennis received my goods spot on. I didn't have any doubts as at least a couple of people I know have ordered from them in the past

I dont understand why the chap above just didn't call Handtec.
Well, we all have our own different ways of doing things and it's easy enough afterwards to say what might have been a better way. My order wasn't even placed until they actually had stock, whereas he ordered long before that, so perhaps that's where it all went pear-shaped.
projem I wish you every luck in getting your problem sorted and thank my lucky stars I didn't have the same experience.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MikeGordon
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Handtec: August 2007 experiences Reply with quote

I ordered a TomTom 910 from then straight off their website, received all the usual acknowledgements and the package arrived on time. I had trouble with the device and found they were as good as their word with regard to sending the thing back to them,their trying to fix it (TomTom real time clock issue) and returning it asap. Although the clock system is still naff it is not worth any more hassle on my part but I can't fault Handtec.

Mike
epoch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found them very good thus far.

I bought a TT Go 720 off them last week. I wanted to split the payment over 2 cards. Globalpositioningsystems didn't want to know, so I called Handtec.

The helpful chap at the other end processed my payment quickly. I paid for next day, and by the time I got to work at 9am it was there waiting.

I had a problem with the TMC receiver (suction cup bust so won't stick to windscreen). They've prompty provided a RMA number. I've sent the receiver back and I'd expect the replacement very soon.

All in all a good service from them.
epoch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

I spoke to them last Thursday regarding the TMC receiver. They said one had been sent out to me and would be with me by the weekend.

It wasn't. So, I phone them today and they told me one would be sent out today, so I should get it tomorrow. I asked them why they'd told me on Thursday that they'd sent it, and also today when I phoned earlier, and they claimed that they had no stock last week.

I so hate it when I'm being lied to.
ikhlaq786
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a TomTom GO 950 LIVE from Handtec and there service and delivery was brilliant, even so that I bought other stuff off them. Very Happy
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they have got better in the last 4 years?? Wink
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: