Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Copilot Live 6 - Speed Camera Updates
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Copilot Live 6 - Speed Camera Updates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wisetuna
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Copilot Live 6 - Speed Camera Updates Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Please can someone help. I've got an O2 XDA Orbit with copilot live 6 (pocketpc). I've loaded an up to date copy of the camera db (ov2 and bmp) file after renaming to "safetycamera.ov2" and all appeared to load okay, but now I'm confused...

Will this have updated the cameras used by the 'saftey alerts' function, or is it only usable by the 'POI alert' function, since this is where it appears to have loaded the data.

The POI alerting is a bit naff since it flashes up a full screen text warning, I prefer the 'safety alerts' where you get a voice warning and a nice yellow saftey camera image on the map.

Please can someone give some advice or send me to relevant FAQ.

Thanks in advance
roger7248
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ALK notes on this are in the update instructions.

Once you have updated to V 6.0.4.110 as long as you saved both OV2 and BMP files in "Save" directory and renamed them as safetycamera.xxx, then they re automatically sent via the safety alerts icon and settings.

Mine did.
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-select the safetycamera.xxx POI alerts under custom, you should then only be alerted by the yellow box.
wisetuna
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: All Sorted Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice folks,

I've switched 'Saftey alerts' on, 'POI alerts' off, and opted to display saftey camera POIs on map. All is working perfectly, I see the black camera pics on the map and get the ALK yellow alert on the map when you approach one on your route.

I know this is a bit 'off topic', but please can someone point to where I can find out when we're going to get traffic alerts in the UK. I'm with O2.
Airplanepics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

First time post here, so go easy!

I've recently got co-Pilot 6, and am having problems adding the Speed Camera database to the system. I've read through the guide, but still can't understand it!

I'd be very very grateful if someone could post an idiots guide on how to do it!

Wisetuna, sorry for hijacking your thead! If I've posted this in the wrong forum, please forgive me!

Best Regards,

Simon. :D
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Airplanepics,

Welcome

Have you followed these instructions on the Alk website?

If so, at which point do you have a problem?

If you can be more specific then I'm sure someone will be able to help.
Airplanepics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nivek22 wrote:
Hi Airplanepics,

Welcome

Have you followed these instructions on the Alk website?

If so, at which point do you have a problem?

If you can be more specific then I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Hi Nivek22,

I had just found that link before checking back here - and yes, it now works! Just got to go out now and try it!

Many thanks for the link anyway - now all I need to do is get the traffic reports working! Twisted Evil

Cheers,
Simon.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for traffic i think you have to have a live account also there may be a license cost unless your a t-mobile customer then traffic is sold at the time of buying cp6

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Airplanepics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all (again!)

Ok, just tried the speed camera database, finds them ok, but when it tells me about them it'll open up a new window with something like this:

"Speedcamera approaching <100 yards

24525252@30 "

This was getting pretty annoying, as it'd pop up a few times for each camera - is there anyway around this, obviously I don't want to see this everytime I go near a speed camera as not only distracts me, but I have to shut the window manually.

Also, how do you guys get the little symbols up telling me what type of camera is approaching - and the speed?

I think this problem is just configuration - but could someone explain (in easy steps!) for me, I'd be most grateful!

Best regards,

Simon.
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, the Safetycamera alert popping up several times for each camera seems to be a bug introduced with the latest patch. I would suggest that you raise this issue with Alk!

To have different icons for different types and speeds of cameras you need to download the 'speed zoned' files (24 at present).
The problem here is that you have to rename ALL the files & bitmaps. I currently use a free program from http://www.fauland.com/.
iankb has produced a set of icons that are easier to see than the downloaded ones, I'm sure that he'll post here if he still has them available.

To minimise the multiple warnings I've set the distance for Safety Alerts to 500 yards & selected the 70MPH POI alerts at 1 mile to warn me earlier on Motorways.

There have been lots of discussions on this subject already, if you read the last few threads in this section you should learn a lot. However if you still have have problems please feel free to come back and ask. Smile
Airplanepics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - I'll give that a go, but please forgive my ignorance - what do I rename them too?

Best regards,

Simon.
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be recognised by the 'yellow box' alert the files must start with 'safetycamera'.

E.g
Safetycamera_gatso_40.bmp
Safetycamera_gatso_40.ov2
Safetycamera_mobile_30.bmp
Safetycamera_mobile_30.ov2

This thread explains in more detail.
ArchiGent
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera Alerts Reply with quote

Hello all
I'm new to satnav and copilot - just got an xda orbit with copilot live6. I've downloaded the latest camera locations and bitmaps for the difeerent type/speed and I have Alerts on at 500yds and 60and 70mph POI ticked to get more advanced warning when travelling at higher speed (roughly as suggested by nivek22 above). When travelling on normal roads I'm multiple yellow box alerts for the same 30/40/50mph camera location. More annoyingly, when I'm on the motorway I'm getting yellow box alerts for camera locations that aren't on the motorway at all but on near by minor roads. Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Is there a fix?
Any advice gratefully received.
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Camera Alerts Reply with quote

ArchiGent wrote:
Is there a fix?

Not that I know of.

I'm waiting to see if this problem is fixed with Version 7

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: