Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - help with safety cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

help with safety cameras
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moved a 'copy' to copilot live forum - see if that helps!

MaFt
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, being an engineer I have to grab tools and run occassionally. I wouldn't class myself as a 'better class' of viewer, but I do try Wink

I've used csv and ov2 versions with CoPilot 6 and have found both to work.

As long as you copy e.g. the single file version ov2 and bmp files over, rename both to safetycamera ov2 and bmp, delete the ao*.* files and then restart copilot, all should be ok. I would suggest the single file to start with to test it.

You should find that the custom poi entry goes and the safety alert icon comes up in the menu instead which you then have to enable.

I've got to dash again shortly, but I will keep trying to help if I can.
cardiff_gareth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
Sorry, being an engineer I have to grab tools and run occassionally. I wouldn't class myself as a 'better class' of viewer, but I do try Wink

I've used csv and ov2 versions with CoPilot 6 and have found both to work.

As long as you copy e.g. the single file version ov2 and bmp files over, rename both to safetycamera ov2 and bmp, delete the ao*.* files and then restart copilot, all should be ok. I would suggest the single file to start with to test it.

You should find that the custom poi entry goes and the safety alert icon comes up in the menu instead which you then have to enable.

I've got to dash again shortly, but I will keep trying to help if I can.

Firstly, many thanks for the replies back, maybe I was being impatient - sorry, just keen to try and get it working Embarassed

I deleted the ao files and thats what caused the error message on start up Question Is it all AO files, irrespective on type of file Question
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes all ao*.*
I think you'll find 8 in the SAVE directory
cardiff_gareth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 9 in total

AOCATTYP 136b
aoPoi 0b
AOPOI 56b
aoPoi 0b
aoPoi 8b
aoPoi 1b
aoPoi 8b
aoPoi 0b
AOTYP 408b

I can't delete these from my PDA for some reason so I put the mini SD card in my mobile phone and delete them. The above is what I deleted yesterday after I had renamed the files and when I restarted CoPilot, it was then giving me that error message Confused Confused

Should I not delete the larger files ???
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That all looks fine, they aren't that big with just a 'b' at the end.

Delete those, rename the ov2 and bmp files and copy them to the SAVE directory (not pmobile at this stage) and then restart copilot. When you go to settings menu you should find the safety alert icon which will allow you to enable them.

I'm off on a job now but will check emails later

Good Luck
cardiff_gareth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
That all looks fine, they aren't that big with just a 'b' at the end.

Delete those, rename the ov2 and bmp files and copy them to the SAVE directory (not pmobile at this stage) and then restart copilot. When you go to settings menu you should find the safety alert icon which will allow you to enable them.

I'm off on a job now but will check emails later

Good Luck

Did a soft reset just to start on an open page.

All AO files deleted, pmobile files deleted off card, files renamed safetycamera.
Restarted copilot and it says
'files in use
please close other programs using these files and try again
retry or cancel'

If I press retry, nothing, if I press cancel it lets me in. When I get in and go to settings the speed camera symbol has gone so one of them AO files must be for the speed camera symbol ?
Evil or Very Mad
cardiff_gareth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got back home and re-installed the back up file of save that I had mad e on my PC so i'm not getting error messages on start up and also the yellow speed camera icon has come back Razz
still got no speed cameras though Crying or Very sad

I did notice that when I installed Anquet maps into my pocketpc, it needed microsoft .net cf 2.0 which I didn't have so that needed to be installed.
Would this have made a difference Question
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, got a bit involved yesterday.

There is something more wrong with your setup than just the contents of your SAVE directory. Restoring your original copy would wipe out the cameras you just added. I can only suggest a hard reset and reinstall, or at least a reinstall of CoPilot.

I don't understand the Anquet maps bit, is this for off road use? I am not familiar with that software.
cardiff_gareth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
Sorry, got a bit involved yesterday.

There is something more wrong with your setup than just the contents of your SAVE directory. Restoring your original copy would wipe out the cameras you just added. I can only suggest a hard reset and reinstall, or at least a reinstall of CoPilot.

I don't understand the Anquet maps bit, is this for off road use? I am not familiar with that software.

I have had my XDA unlocked by reflashing the rom. If I hard reset it will I lose this Question

Anquet is for off roading and also for walking Wink
that don't work either Laughing Laughing

Do you think I should just forget about speed cameras Laughing Laughing
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hard reset will restore to factory defaults, i.e. it will uninstall any programmes and settings you have added / changed. The ROM should be unaffected. You will then have to reinstall and setup everything you want to add on. My suggestion would be to install each application in turn and try it before installing the next and so on.

Good Luck

Edit: Which XDA have you got out of interest?
cardiff_gareth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
A hard reset will restore to factory defaults, i.e. it will uninstall any programmes and settings you have added / changed. The ROM should be unaffected. You will then have to reinstall and setup everything you want to add on. My suggestion would be to install each application in turn and try it before installing the next and so on.

Good Luck

Edit: Which XDA have you got out of interest?

I've got the XDA Pro or Exec as some people call it but I think they are the sme thing Confused

Here is the last 2 transcripts I've had with the CoPilot tech guys:
Quote:
Response (Lothar) 09/08/2007 09.52 AM
Dear gareth,

Thank you for contacting CoPilot Technical Support.

You will need to do the following to have the safety camera icon in the settings and the alerts when driving.

Rename the files you have downloaded from pocketpgsworld: Change the ov2 file to safetycamera.ov2 and the bmp file to safetycamer.bmp.

Integrate them into the safe folder.
The files should integrate when you next restart CoPilot. Enable only the safety camera icon. There will be no new POI files and you will not be able to search for them prior to driving with CoPilot.

Note that the speed camera update is much easier and quicker if you do the free download from our website.

If you have any further questions, or feel that this incident has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please do not hesitate to bring this to our attention.

Regards,

CoPilot European Technical Support
Email: ukcustservice@alk.eu.com
Tel: 0871 641 2540

My last reply to them:
Quote:
Customer (gareth williams) 09/08/2007 11.06 AM
In the save file, the newly renamed files are windows files like the unlock, userstop files and usertrip files so I take it they are integrated ?

I have driven past 3 speed camera's now and with each it has failed to tell me. Do I take it that these 3 are not on the database. How do I know it is working correctly ?

I tried using your free jobbie but it brings up a black c: ms dos dialog box and says for me to either make sure device is on, connected to active sync and also to make sure application isn't running?
how do you make your update work ?

sorry for all the questions but this has been ongoing for a while and i'm just trying to get it fixed, i'm off for a long trip on Friday night and would have likedto have had it working by then ?

Do you think that it is actually working and the speed cameras in my area are not on the database Razz but then again it didn't take 3 mins to start up when I put the files in the save folder Confused
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are correct in saying the process is quicker and easier from their site, but it's not updated as often as the pgpsw one, you're lucky to get one a month there, whereas sometimes you get two a month here.

Have you tried their database to see if it works?

The cameras not working are presumably because they are failing to load properly on restart. I stand by my last post (bugle ogg file?) and would think that you will have to reinstall.

Sorry.
cardiff_gareth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
They are correct in saying the process is quicker and easier from their site, but it's not updated as often as the pgpsw one, you're lucky to get one a month there, whereas sometimes you get two a month here.

Have you tried their database to see if it works?

The cameras not working are presumably because they are failing to load properly on restart. I stand by my last post (bugle ogg file?) and would think that you will have to reinstall.

Sorry.

Doing a hard reset now, will go into the 2577 file on the memory card and re-install it back onto the XDA, watch this space, back in 1hr as on lunch now... Laughing
cardiff_gareth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked in the menu settings list and I had 2 CoPilots on there one was tickedthe other not and it wouldn't let me remove or add them to the menu list. kept saying an error message, was this the problem all along Confused

Anyway, I've done a hard reset on the XDA.
Then I put back into the XDA the memory card once it had gone through all its formalities. It then auto installed the CoPilot back in. When I started it, it asked me for the licence which I haven't got on me so I pressed cancel and I was back in.
So....... Laughing
I've done a hard reset, re-installed it and the files have been renamed. Do I go the whole hog and get rid of all them AO files........or will it give me the error again Confused

Oh, and I only have 1 CoPilot in the menu settings screen now Cool

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: