Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! TMC help please.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! TMC help please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! TMC help please. Reply with quote

Wednesday I had to travel from home in Surrey to Thetford, then to Sawtry and back down the A1 and reverse of morning back past Heathrow to the M3 and home.
This morning the TMC lead me directly into 1hour 20 minutes of M25 chaos before I noted that the reception light was just flashing on my GTM10 as ity had been doing at home (normaly gets reception in my driveway)and then this afternoon into more chaos around Cambridge and on the M25 on the way home. I also have a GTM12 that I tried a few times.
No receptiom from the M3 ona complete round trip it would seem.
My trick aerial setup on the GTM10 picked up no signalapart from some traffic reports for 300 miles away, and that was all on the whole journey. The light just flashe between red and green all the way it seems. All connectionbs are fine and the Nuvia with the GTM12 worked fine in France for ten days until last Sunday.
Does anyone have any btright ideas or news re reception problems Crying or Very sad
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No news yet but we are all waiting with baited breath, for an up and comming update to the TMC system. I also have the occasional problem with my trick setup and often wonder if I too should mount a tv mast on my roof like others have. Patience is key, as is a radio with traffic reports. :D

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What GTM version have you got installed? One of the latest versions seems to cause GTM10 units to expire their subscription, resulting in no traffic information arriving in the SatNav interface, so can you also check the Traffic Subscriptions page and confirm what you see there?
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nuvi took on a GTM update last Monday when I checked for updates after my daughter had used it in France. So I assume it has the latest GTM version, nit sure how you check the version?
Nuvi traffic screen is set to Auto and subsciption screen says it has expired?
I've looked at the GTM status screen but have no idea what the readings should read!
I've been away working and niether GTM unit gets any data! I would appreciate some help as I'm well P****d off as every day I have been hammered getting stuck in traffic!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cantgetlost wrote:
So I assume it has the latest GTM version, nit sure how you check the version?
Settings/System/About, but if you picked up a GTM update last week, you may well have the new 4.30 version.
Quote:
Nuvi traffic screen is set to Auto and subsciption screen says it has expired?
That will be the problem then - although the GTM unit will still be receiving the traffic information, the Nuvi thinks the subscription has expired, and hence is not displaying nor taking any notice of the traffic info. If you are on 4.30 and it's not fixed, you will need to speak to Garmin and send the unit off to them for them to fix the subscription problem.
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12/10 for Swing.
Nail hit on head! running GTM Version 4.30!
I shall take a day or two off to enable me to call Garmin and wait in the queue for someone to answer Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thank's Swing Very Happy
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what version you had before that? A GTM firmware version, somewhere between 3.7 and 4.1 caused the expiry problem, although I don't know which. What I don't know is whether 4.30 is supposed to fix it. I was hoping 4.30 would fix it and prevent this problem requiring a return to Garmin.
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nuvi and I3's get plugged in to my Vaio quite regularly to check for updates.
I've never had any poblems but can't say that I actually pay a lot of attention to the numbers!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: