Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - thenavigationcompany.......
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

thenavigationcompany.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rexer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: thenavigationcompany....... Reply with quote

Not saying to buy from or avoid but thought id share my experience with them.
last night at around 9pm i ordered a tomtom go 910 from them at what i thought was a bargain price of £227.00 all in.
i checked the site this morning and found they had put the price up by £37
i rang them to confirm my order and was told my order was not going to be honoured as it was a deal they had for the weekend only and it had finished, the stock they had for this deal was on a first come first served basis and if i paid the extra £37 i could still have the 910, it said NOTHING on their web site about and deal or limited stock. i have an invoice from them with a total of £227.
i asked to speak to the manager but was told he was busy and to ring back in 1 hour, when i rang back i got through to a forign sounding lady who was irate at me for being rude to her earlyer, i explained that i had not spoken to her earlyer and she said sorry. i asked if she had had many calls about this and she said no no not many (yeah right) i asked if i coud speak to a manager and she asked if it was to do with a tomtom 910, yes i answered . she suddenly stated that the managers had gone out for lunch (i wonder if she would have put me through if i said it was nothing to do with a 910)
i got put back through to the lady i had spoke to earlyer and she told me that they had NO stock at all (not what she said earlyer)

i have been on the phone to Trading Standards and they were more than happy to deal with this for me so i will wait to see what happens.

i dont want to say this company should be avoided as this was probably a cock up at there end i just hope they honour my order. i have not heard anything bad about this company before and i hope for their sake that they havent done this to anyone else.

Nick
Rexer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh buy the way they have now removed the 910 from their site completly
FazerUK
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexer wrote:
oh buy the way they have now removed the 910 from their site completly

Yes I noticed it just says OUT OF STOCK

Rexer, why not send them a link to this thread, do you think that may work?
Western_Europe-Map v650.1127
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading stories like that , about some of the strokes that retailers try to pull on customers truly amazes me.
Having read that particular story , I'm afraid thenavigationcompany are what I would class as a "retailer to avoid".
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the retailer hasn't actually accepted your order until the credit card has been processed. The fact you have an invoice doesn't really count for much if funds haven't changed hands. There are many stories of people thinking they had bought TV's for £10 when they should have been £100, but there is usually a clause somewhere on the site in small print.

Similarly if you are in a shop and an item is marked at £50 but they want to charge you £75 for it at the check out, they do not have to sell it to you.

That said, honesty is the best policy and if it had been explained to you at your first call, I am sure this post would never have occurred. Unfortunately, retailers do not do the honesty bit very well in this country.

Mark
Rexer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was told by trading standards that as they had advertised it at £227 and i had offered to buy it at £227 it would stop there BUT as they had sent me an order confermation they had accepted my offer of £227 end of.
its now in the hands of trading standards and i very much doubt im the only one in this situation, also im wondering how many people were tricked in to thinking halfords offer was for 50% off all satnav , then sussed out it was only UP TO 50% off then went looking else where, very clever to have an sale offer on the same weekend. the fact they had nothing about it being a limited stock first come first served offer. if they had just put that on the add (they managed to on the 710) then fair enough but they didnt, like i said its probably just a cock up their end but its gona cost them i think.

Nick
Rexer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

being as they are a member of the safe buy code of practice i thought this would make interesting reading.

3. Transaction Requirements
3.1 Products or services for sale must be clearly and accurately described with relevant characteristics (e.g. dimensions, material). Any variation between the goods or services that are for sale and usual consumer expectations should be explained as should any disparity between a consumer’s stated requirements and the nature of the goods or services to be offered to the consumer.

3.2 Any restrictions on ordering (e.g. parental approval, geographic location) must be made clear to the consumer as a part of the description of the product or service.

3.3 The total price, including packing, delivery and VAT where applicable must be shown for the complete order before consumer final agreement to place the order.

3.4 The method of delivery must be clearly identified. Where appropriate (e.g. for bulky items or those which need to be signed for), the retailer must have effective procedures for agreeing a scheduled delivery and maintaining liaison with the customer to ensure that the delivery occurs as projected or as altered with the customer’s agreement.

3.5 Payment options must be shown and the level of security displayed for the transaction.

3.6 A clear explanation must be given as to the process by which the customer may place, change or cancel an order prior to it being processed and an option given for the consumer to abort the order up to the point of final confirmation. If languages other than English are available this fact should be made clear.

3.7 There must be no possibility of orders being accepted which are unlikely to be fulfilled within 30 days.

3.8 ‘High pressure selling’ must not be used and any special offers must have the time or condition requirements clearly identified. Where a special offer is time-related the consumer’s cancellation rights as per clause 4.1 (d) must be drawn to the consumer’s attention.

3.9 The consumer must be advised that a confirmation of the order will be sent by email or post within 24 hours. This confirmation must include the retailer’s company details, a unique order number, the total price and clear instructions on the consumer’s rights of cancellation or return, including timescales, with an explanation of how to effect a cancellation or return, including any return costs that may be applied.

3.10 There must be no misleading claim made on the website or the order confirmation regarding delivery timescale to the consumer. Where any delivery timescale and/or delivery date is stated the consumer must be advised in advance if that timescale and/or date will be delayed and the consumer’s right to cancel must be made clear.

3.11 If there is an ongoing contract with the consumer the minimum duration for the contract to supply goods or services continuously or recurrently must be clearly explained.

3.12 All relevant staff must be adequately trained regarding the retailer’s responsibilities in relation to the law and to this Code of Practice.

this one stood out to me

3.7 There must be no possibility of orders being accepted which are unlikely to be fulfilled within 30 days.

so they should have had a system in place to monitor stock levels and when it ran out the offer should have been automaticly withdrawn. i might have to write to safe buy and ask them if they should be endorsing a company that operated like this.

Nick
Rexer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the rest of this code of practice can be found here http://www.safebuy.org.uk/code-of-practice.html[/code][/url]
Rexer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, i put an order in with pixmania and its been held up because thenavigationcompany tried to take the money out so when pixmania tried to take theres ther wasnt enough cleared funds in my account, all from a company who said they had not tried to take a penny GRRRRR
Pads
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a TT 720 from them and it did arrive the next day so 10/10

However their web site is a joke ... had to ring them to find out how to input my details ... and I got an update email to track my oder AFTER the item had been delivered ???!!!

But all that aside - they DID have stock of the 720 and did deliver next day and total cost was less than the RRP.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: