Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - UK Speed Limits
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

UK Speed Limits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterWJones wrote:
.... for a considerable time I will be returning to “retirement” mode and will have great difficulty obtaining access to the internet whilst caravanning or sailing.

As I departed for Southampton today, there were problems on the M3, caused by an overturned caravan.... maybe Peter W Jones AMInstP?

It’s not a windy day, so it must be an air pressure issue caused by all the hot air in the car reducing the down force on the caravan.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
navver
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the original question, if any one remembers. Surely the Gatso will know its a lorry from its registration number, and hence know the relevant speed limit.

With a caravan it will think its a solo car unless its towed by a lorry or motor bike and will only be able to apply the limit of the solo vehicle.

So will a Gatso in a 40 limit know a silly little nifty fifty scooter is doing more than 30, especially if its towing a caravan?

The reason why the slow lane is so messed up is because all the vehicles in it have a slightly different speed limit. Fleet operators limit lorries to whatever limit they think is safe. So you could have 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 or 60mph limits or restrictions all behind each other. No wonder they want to overtake at a relative speed of 1mph for miles'
If I'm towing my caravan and get stuck behind a lorry at 55mph I will naturally want to overtake, and sorry, but I feel I have no option but to use the middle lane for this.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: