Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT ONE XL queries
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT ONE XL queries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luluai
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: TT ONE XL queries Reply with quote

I bought a unit last week and have a number of queries.
1. Who wrote the manual? It leaves too much un-mentioned for newbies.
For instance: How do I know my battery is fully charged?
Does the green light on the case go out when it is fully charged?
2. After reading the FAQ re postcodes I assume the the Postcode feature should function as I live in AUST which has all numeric postcodes. It doesn't.
Is this a fault or normal?
3. Which is the logo that shows the GPS reception? This also isn't spelt out.
4. I emailed the HelpLine re postcodes and MyTomTom produced my query in Questions, however I cannot access the answer (if there is one) because the search function is in a continuous loop, like someone had taken the phone off the hook 8O - is this normal?
46jimbo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will probably learn more by reading through the postings on this forum. Better than the so-called manual.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a manual for the XL?

Battery status can be found by taping the sat strength meter lower left, the charge status is now shown top right. If you use the device without being connected to the power after about one hour you will see a charge indicator flashing on screen to indicate a problem.

PostCodes only work for the UK and Holland.

GPS reception can be found by tapping the sat strength meter (lower left) followed by another tap of the sat strength meter just bellow the battery charge indication.

I hope this answers your queries, if you can think of anymore please feel free to ask - Mike
RQ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

In response to your query regarding postcodes.

As Mike said that function only works in the UK and Holland. However, France does have some postal districts that use a numeric code but they are not deemed to be postcodes as such - I wonder if you can access Australian ones in a similar way.

Try navigating to address and street but then enter your numeric post code first and see if that works.

Regards

TT1v3 6.560 1713 UK&NI 660.1199
TTG700 6.520 1387 MoWE 660.1219
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: TT ONE XL queries Reply with quote

luluai wrote:
4. I emailed the HelpLine re postcodes and MyTomTom produced my query in Questions, however I cannot access the answer (if there is one) because the search function is in a continuous loop, like someone had taken the phone off the hook 8O - is this normal?
Normally you will receive an e-mail reply. That is the only place where you can follow up with further comments on that particular question, not in Questions which only shows the latest state of your question (question, answer, your further comment, their further reply and so on).

Edited once to add :- Is AUST in Australia, not Austria then?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking up the loose ends...
The green light just tells you a working external power supply is connected, it doesn't go out when the unit is fully charged.
The battery state indicator is also shown on the route summary page shown whenever a route is calculated.

Mike - There is a .pdf manual for every model on the TT support website.
(Here's the OneXL's - http://www.tomtom.com/lib/doc/onexl/manual.html)
Whether they've changed anything apart from the Title page and the line drawing of what it looks like is another matter!

For info, luluai, the original Go Classic and x00 series manuals actually explain a lot of the functions in better detail than the later models! (You can get them all from HERE
Gmonkey
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just leave the XL plugged into my car, tapping the bottom reveals the amount of energy left. After its been charging for a while, it can go on for a few hours without having to plug it in, although if you're driving, you might as well leave it in!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: