Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - nuvi 300 v8/9 nt tmc problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

nuvi 300 v8/9 nt tmc problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: nuvi 300 v8/9 nt tmc problems Reply with quote

i have a nuvi 300 and have just paid a lot of money for the v9 nt disc full unlock if i load the gb map onto nuvi then go to map settings deselect the v8 i get no traffic i have tryed even deliting the v8 map out of nuvi and sending the v9 map direct to nuvi via mapsource still no traffic if i select v8 map then traffic messages start apearing is there something in the nuvi map/v8 which holds the tmc data :o :o
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the TMC data is included in the base map of whatever map you have. By only adding v9 as an additional map, you do not transfer the v9 TMC information.

However, what you have done is not the correct way to upgrade your Nuvi - when you first run the DVD, there should be 3 menu items - one is "Upgrade your Streetpilot / Nuvi" - you need to select this and let it run through all the steps. This will update the base v8 maps of your Nuvi to v9, therefore fixing the TMC problem.

As always, I recommend you have a full backup of your Nuvi before performing this.
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
Yes, the TMC data is included in the base map of whatever map you have. By only adding v9 as an additional map, you do not transfer the v9 TMC information.

However, what you have done is not the correct way to upgrade your Nuvi - when you first run the DVD, there should be 3 menu items - one is "Upgrade your Streetpilot / Nuvi" - you need to select this and let it run through all the steps. This will update the base v8 maps of your Nuvi to v9, therefore fixing the TMC problem.

As always, I recommend you have a full backup of your Nuvi before performing this.
i never noticed any upgrade options i just instaled the dvd went on the garmin website and unlocked it to my unit . i will try a reinstall and pay more attention rather than rushing. ta???
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't reinstall, or uninstall anything - just insert the DVD again, and hopefully the first screen has 3 menu options.
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
Don't reinstall, or uninstall anything - just insert the DVD again, and hopefully the first screen has 3 menu options.
the only options are install city navigator nt/ visit our website garmin product support/web updater....this is not an update dvd its a full one.... :o
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll be the problem then - the update DVD has extra menu items to perform the upgrade... They don't use MapSource, so there's no way to manually recreate the steps (well, technically it uses MapSource to unlock the maps first, and technically it may be possible to recreate the steps, but it's not the correct method to use).

Surely all you need to do (given you have paid for the unlock code) is to go to www.garmin.com, and select to upgrade your registered Nuvi, and Garmin will send you an upgrade DVD for free...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: