Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP - new map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP - new map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: HELP - new map Reply with quote

Downloaded the new Tomtom ONE UK&I map. It's 252MB +8.9MB for postcodes.

Problem is, the SD Card that originally came with my TomTom ONE v2 is a 256MB??

So I guess I need a larger one so if that's the case, what to get?

Can't believe a supposed update is twice the size.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very often asked question!

Don't get the cheapest card you can find on E-bay, the chances are there will be an issue with the speed the card can be read from, this can result in a totally non working installation.

Go for a reputable card manufacturer and one that offers a high read/ write speed (but not the "ultra" type). SanDisk and Kingston are well-known brands, but there are many others. Buy from a reputable dealer too, as fake cards with well known names are not unheard of.

If you aren't considering anything more than the UK map, 512MB is big enough, but the cards are so cheap now you might want to opt for something bigger. The largest size you can use safely is 2GB. There are some 4GB cards that will work, but not all of them.

Once you've got your card, the best instructions on how to copy everything to it are in the TomTom FAQs (#8 HERE)
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in a similar position. I bought the TT One with the old map even though the new map was out. Complained, they agreed I could have it but put it on the wrong TT Home account (I have more than one TT). After months of emails with them accusing me I had had the map (when I tried to download with the wrong account the computer froze) I complained to TT Amsterdam. Had a phone call this week and they have now put it on the correct account but when I try to get it, the message is 'not enough space' After months of hassle I wonder if it was worth it for only a slight upgrade.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: