Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - making one poi file
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

making one poi file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
satsam
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: making one poi file Reply with quote

I have a Tomtom 500T which was bought last week and has been updated to the latestmap ect.

I have searched for this in the forums but I am only confused more.
(This is what old age can do. )

I have a number of Poi files about 36 in all they are all working fine, but I would like to make one file to cut down on the quantity of Poi files :-

BrX 9' 9.bmp

BrX 9' 9.ogg

BrX 9' 9.ov2

how do I convert them into one Poi file?

I am elderly and not very computer savvy so the instruction would have to be in simple terms for me to follow.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers and TYIA
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean that you want to Merge 36 POI Files into 1 POI File called BrX 9' 9?

If you merge 2, or more, files into 1 File you will lose the individuality of the Display, and the Warnings. If you merged a Petrol Station with a Hotel, you wouldn't know, by glancing at the Map, which one it was.

Perhaps you could give us a little more information about what you are trying to do, other than the fact you want to put everything into 1 File.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know if this is what you want to try ,I've used it in the past to keep poi files down to a minimum
download just use the free account

Code:
 http://rapidshare.com/files/102329002/ov2tools.zip
it's free

open up tom-tom in my computer find the files you want then
you drag the ov2 file to "dumpov2" icon and it should convert it to a readable file ...then all you have to do is copy over the contents of all the poi files into 1 of them close and save then drag it to "make ov2" and it makes it back into the correct format then put it back into the map file and all should be ok.......
just back up before you try in case you make a mistake

well i hope this is what you want to do and hope it makes sense
satsam
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: making one poi file Reply with quote

I have the poi's for low bridges giving me the warnings in feet (to old for metres). But there are too many from 6feet to 16feet, so I want to merge them into one but still get the warning for the height as I approach it.

I have the 3 files I need for each height but want one poi file instead of many. I hope this explains what I want to do.

Thanks to all those that are trying to help me.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: making one poi file Reply with quote

satsam wrote:
I have the poi's for low bridges giving me the warnings in feet (to old for metres). But there are too many from 6feet to 16feet, so I want to merge them into one but still get the warning for the height as I approach it.

Any alerts/icons etc are done per POI category, not by individual POI location. As long as you bear in mind that you will just get an alert for "low bridge" and not anything specific about the height, then dumppoi/makepoi will be fine. If it's just for one vehicle, why not just combine all the categories below your maximum into one. Idea
Brodit ProClip mount
BodgerBaz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: making one poi file Reply with quote

satsam wrote:

I think you might be trying to solve a problem that doesn't really exist.

If the height of your vehicle is say 10' then select the low bridge POI for say 11' (giving you 1' of clearence). The 11' POI should contain 11' and lower bridges so if you install the .BMP, .OV2 and .OGG for 11' you should be fine.
satsam
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all for your help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: