Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Screaming Heeby Jeebies.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Screaming Heeby Jeebies.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
provenjohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:
I was with my family sitting in an Yugoslavia Airlines plane at Gatwick Airport (before the Yugoslavia war), we had been delayed and sitting on the edge of the runway for over an hour, waiting for take-off, when someone from airport staff put their head in the door whilst holding a large piece of metal, asking the crew, to check whether it had fallen off our plane. 8O

I flew on an internal flight in Yugoslavia 8O
When we boarded the plane the people with first row seat letters found the seats had been taken out, they were told to sit on floor for take off !
I rember the setardess bringing round the in flight snack, it was a cardboard pack with a bruised manky apple in it :o
bettyboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

provenjohn wrote:
GJF wrote:
I was with my family sitting in an Yugoslavia Airlines plane at Gatwick Airport (before the Yugoslavia war), we had been delayed and sitting on the edge of the runway for over an hour, waiting for take-off, when someone from airport staff put their head in the door whilst holding a large piece of metal, asking the crew, to check whether it had fallen off our plane. 8O

I flew on an internal flight in Yugoslavia 8O
When we boarded the plane the people with first row seat letters found the seats had been taken out, they were told to sit on floor for take off !
I rember the setardess bringing round the in flight snack, it was a cardboard pack with a bruised manky apple in it :o

Its that the truth or a joke Surprised Surprised If its not a joke then I hope everyone complained as thats a terrible way to treat paying passengers
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Nigerian Airways or other African Airlines. Rolling Eyes

All the internal flight seats used to be double booked, boarding pass didn't mean a lot, when you finally "fought" (yes fought) your way on the plane, often seats were either missing or broken. Twisted Evil

As for your suitcase, i watched them take a swing and throw it over a fence, on a number of occassions.

I travelled from one African country to another just above tree top height, as you looked out the window you could see extra tall trees rising higher than the plane, the pilots excuse was to avoid turbulence. 8O

Some small plane African pilots when waiting to land, used to go round in circles like Biggles with a Sopwith Camel, you are one minute looking into space and the next looking direct at the ground, whilst laying on your side!
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
bettyboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never flown and reading some of the threads on here I dont think I want to 8O. I did think about going on a domestic flight to Scotland or Ireland just to say I had been on a plane but have never got round to it. With all the terrorist threats and bad planes and stuff I dont think its now something I urgently want to do.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bettyboo wrote:
Quote:
Its that the truth or a joke If its not a joke then I hope everyone complained as thats a terrible way to treat paying passengers

That certainly wasn't a joke, some of the passengers wanted to leave, but they stayed on and the journey was uneventful.

I can't remember how long we sat on the runway that day, but it could have been a couple of hours in intense heat, so when we did leave it was a relief and we were thankful to go.
provenjohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was 20 years ago, don't think they still make you sit on the floor Smile
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bettyboo wrote:
I have never flown and reading some of the threads on here I dont think I want to 8O. I did think about going on a domestic flight to Scotland or Ireland just to say I had been on a plane but have never got round to it. With all the terrorist threats and bad planes and stuff I dont think its now something I urgently want to do.

I believe when your time is up there is nothing you can do to stop it, whatever precautions you take it can go wrong.
I am lucky i have been through some grim situations and live to tell the tale, later they always sound amusing but may not have been at the time.

Ignore the possible risks and enjoy yourself, life is too short to worry.
I have a bad back from sky diving but glad i did it, some people never go anywhere do nothing and by the time they change their mind's they are too old and it's too late.

I'm 58 and now thinking about buying a pair of these STILTS, I just hope that if i keep taking the Glucosamine it works on my joints.
bettyboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I didnt think you could really buy those things, I thought they were just made for an advert Embarassed I just know if I got on them I would be on the ground before I put one stilted foot infront of the other. Plus all that bouncing around would be terrible for my top half.

Somethings I have said I would never do, but always wanted to do I have done, like going on one of bike things that go in the sea, and dancing on a pub table while drunk (mind you I dont think I would have done it when sober) So maybe going on a plane wont be such a hard thing. And as you say if its my time then so be it.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

provenjohn, GJF and Mullet, thank you for your awful reminiscences. I shall put you all in my little black book and when I get to be the boss of everything, Gun Shoot Out Pistol Shoot Out you're for it!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bettyboo wrote:

I rather walk, not getting on bad plane, it scare the out of me. 8O

What next, take the clothers off on checkpoint on every airports base the rest of the world Embarassed
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stargate2006 wrote:
bettyboo wrote:

I rather walk, not getting on bad plane, it scare the out of me. 8O

What next, take the clothers off on checkpoint on every airports base the rest of the world Embarassed

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I regularly have problems in understanding your posts. Could you tell us your nationality and I will try in future reading your posts with my perceived accent from your country to see if it helps.. Wink

Regularly absent, but still here in spirit !
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

999tommo wrote:
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I regularly have problems in understanding your posts. Could you tell us your nationality and I will try in future reading your posts with my perceived accent from your country to see if it helps.. Wink

Stargate2006 hasn't been around since 9th July, he might be on holiday but was unhappy at one stage, saying that he was going to leave the forum.
He contributed a lot to the posts and was liked here.

Hopefully he will speak for himself, but i believe he is English, but has hearing problems which would effect his speech and writing.

Sorry Stargate if i have got this wrong.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: