Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Screaming Heeby Jeebies.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Screaming Heeby Jeebies.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Screaming Heeby Jeebies. Reply with quote

Being of a nervous disposition and having survived yet another death defying flight home, I was interested to follow up on a suggestion from a holidaymaker who told me instead of fighting to the front of the check-in desk I could probably book (pay for) a specific seat - in my case over the wing where the vibration and turbulence are less noticeable.

So after landing at 4:20am, I briefly napped, then went straight to Thomas Cook who already have my next trip to Corfu booked and paid for - September, from Cardiff. They contacted Thomsons who said I could book our two seats for £44 extra return. BUT only the front or rear 10 rows, none of which get anywhere near the wing danger-free zone. Apparently the difference between front and rear reservations is whether or not you want an in flight meal - not, as in my case, whether you are likely to dispose of it in the paper bag. So it looks like I'll be leaving home early as usual to help them set up the check-in desk at 2:30am for the 7am flight.

Does anybody know if they'll invent 550mph trains to Corfu in my lifetime? Sad

If anybody replies to this thread on the lines of softypants or will that be on the outside wing astride the engine, I shall have no hesitation is asking Bo-Peep to lock it. Evil or Very Mad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only can built a tunnel underground to Corfu that quicker that kind of moneys about £25 Zillions pounds 8O
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to make aircraft undercarrages, and now I make aircraft engine bearings, and I will NEVER fly again, you should see what we get away with, you take life in your hands every time you take off or land, and the flying bit in the middle, Laughing
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you think the factories that make cars, trains, lorries, buses etc are more trustworthy!

I'll take my chances on an aircraft anyday, lord knows I have a pilot's licence and if I'll trust my life to the single prop on a Cessna I'll happily sleep when propelled along by two of RR Crewe's finest jet engines!
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just get on the plan you only live once Laughing good to know you got back ok

dennis hope your eyesight has returned from a couple of weeks ago when I saw you on the m5 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that tanda. Stop it! Let me know your favourite phobia and I'll Google for everything bad I can find about it!

Alix, I didn't see you on the M5 - remember, whitevanmen get flashed by many truckers who treat us as great pals. If I knew what you drive, I'd flash you back.
Would that have been 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th June I wonder? (Lytham, Nottingham, Kirkby in Ashfield, Manchester) or 11th, Conway, or 13th, Lichfield?
I think I shall put the window sticker of PocketGPSWorld into the rear window so that you'll be sure it was me in future. Only trouble is, I'll be getting a new van 1st March and I wouldn't want to lose the sticker.

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
or 11th, Conway,

As a Welshman who was born in Llandudno just across the river I am duty bound to point out that it's Conwy not Conway ;)
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a pedant, perhaps I should say it was the opposite end to Heol Conwy really? (Fford Sam Pari). And I ducked in case Mr Brunstrom was watching.

MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

Alix, I didn't see you on the M5 - remember, whitevanmen get flashed by many truckers who treat us as great pals. If I knew what you drive, I'd flash you back.

there's a small hint in his avatar ;)

Quote:

I think I shall put the window sticker of PocketGPSWorld into the rear window so that you'll be sure it was me in future. Only trouble is, I'll be getting a new van 1st March and I wouldn't want to lose the sticker.

well, if you ever see a little red fiesta with MaFt for it's registration and a PGPSW sticker in the back then feel free to honk/flash and i'll try not to give you the finger...

MaFt
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little Audi looks like every other Audi, so just hoot and flash em' all and you might get lucky! Laughing

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just before you went away on holiday dennis on the m5 round the m42 area north bound have a look in the avatar I did give you a honk on the horn as I went past you after you had slowed down Laughing

darren had the same treatment and now won't go anywhere without his sunglasses Laughing
that reminds me mr barrett could have a couple of magnetics again please the wind stole my other ones

Crying or Very sad

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
just before you went away on holiday dennis on the m5 round the m42 area north bound have a look in the avatar I did give you a honk on the horn as I went past you after you had slowed down Laughing

darren had the same treatment and now won't go anywhere without his sunglasses Laughing
that reminds me mr barrett could have a couple of magnetics again please the wind stole my other ones

Crying or Very sad
I just gotta be missing something 8O - can't see anything on the avatar. Would it have zillions of headlights? Or magnetic pgpsw stickies? And if there are such things as magnetic pgpsw stickies, how do you get them. And are they nice and enormous (Except I don't think my clients would appreciate big pgpsw stickers on the side of my van!!) And will you be anywhere between here and Stockport tomorrow morning betweeen 6:30 and 10:00 for me to see?

SuperDom I don't wave at Audis with more than a couple of fingers.
MaFt Last time I saw a little red Fiesta was before you were born and the last time I saw one with MaFt it was driven by a nice man from the Ministry Of Addock Fish and Taters.

provenjohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some time ago I flew with balkan airways in Bulgaria, after the landing the entire plane load of passengers cheered & clapped, we were all suprised to still be alive 8O

Numerous people on that flight said they would never fly again Wink
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was with my family sitting in an Yugoslavia Airlines plane at Gatwick Airport (before the Yugoslavia war), we had been delayed and sitting on the edge of the runway for over an hour, waiting for take-off, when someone from airport staff put their head in the door whilst holding a large piece of metal, asking the crew, to check whether it had fallen off our plane. 8O
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Las Vegas airport, for some reason our plane had to take off the oposite direction to everyone else Rolling Eyes So the captain positioned us at the end of the runway facing the oncoming aircraft (both landing and taking off). Some passengers ducked their heads for what that was worth. 90 minutes later we took off Rolling Eyes

Boarding after a delay at a Greek airport the captain announced "sorry for the delay, but we had a security alert and the sniffer dogs have just left the aircraft"

-thanks for sharing that captain Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: