Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Where have all the policemen gone?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Where have all the policemen gone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Where have all the policemen gone? Reply with quote

What a liberty I tell myself Evil or Very Mad

This morning at about 09.30, we thought there was a serious problem on our road.

TWO police transits screeched to a halt and unloaded their cargo of robocops onto the street then ONE other police van pulled up and coned off one side of the street that borders an area of public gardens.

Now these gardens are very pretty BUT they do have problems with the odd wino and junkies, so we thought this was again the case.

Then ONE police dog unit arrived followed shortly by FIVE, yes five normal patrol cars.

Then the icing on the cake was a helicopter overhead.

So we thought forget the winos etc this is much more serious, probably from experience a body has been discovered.

When Weymouth FC play at home they do not have this amount of police presence Exclamation

Then another TWO HP police cars arrive and sandwiched inbetween them was a civilian minibus.

Ok, so we have twelve police vehicles in attendance and I guess about 25/30 plod on the street.

Then a police officer goes to his boot of his car and gets a sign out and puts it next to the entrance of the gardens it reads as follows

'Offenders at work to make Dorset a cleaner and safer place'

For Christs sake Evil or Very Mad

All this for SIX cons from the local young offenders institute, cleaning and tidying the gardens.

I could make a better suggestion on keeping Dorset safer Rolling Eyes

To old to die young.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s because all those police felt safe with their six “prisoners”, not much chance of any verbal or a thumping.

It seems to be their presence is only prominent where there is the least hassle, or maybe they don’t like the paperwork.

I hope they cleaned up after the dog!

Back to your leading question - Where have all the Policemen gone?

Some of them are here having a "Sickie" some are doing the paperwork and some are claiming high payouts for stress.

To be fair Health & Safety doesn't want to allow the police to chase criminals, incase the criminals life is put at risk!

I know that a lot of the problems are the pathetic government, dopey judges and not the policemen/women themselves. Some as yesterday in London with the car bombs, do outstanding work, but they aren't helped when some stupid officer demands "overkill" on a minor task as you have listed above, the public only loses any confidence and respect in the police remaining, who are trying to do a great job under difficult conditions.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
bettyboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They moan about how expensive using the police chopper is but then go and use it to monitor some offenders cleaning up a garden area :o Call one when you are in trouble and your lucky if you get one with in 30 minutes.
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of a story where a man rings the police regarding nuisanse from some local yobs, only to be told there are no police officers available to deal with them.

So 5 minutes later he phones again and says somebody is being murdered in his garden, within 2 minutes there are several police cars on scene.

One officer says"I thought you said someone was being murdered"

To which he replied " I thought you said you had no officers"

Laughing Laughing Laughing

To old to die young.
bettyboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon thats less of a joke than you think classy. Lazy the police round my way. Oh am I allowed to say , hope so as I have now said it twice Rolling Eyes
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could say of "Murder" on the phone for the polices with machine guns to come here quicker to get rid of the yops around here to stop the police being lazy eh. Twisted Evil

But could get arrest for that for saying like this all the time on the phone if anyone's lucky enough to getaway with it for the first time, Phew Embarassed
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Friday I at work and a oliceman on a bicycle was in the carpark about 20 yards away. Two 'girls' walked out of the carpark and one of them threw a newspaper on the floor not two yards in front of him, but he did nothing. Twisted Evil

I looked at him in an enquiring manner and he said something along the lines of "I didn't see which one did it, so I can't do anything about it. If you saw which one did, I can"!

Now, being in my fifth decade I can recall when (a) you wouldn't do any such thing ever, police officer or not, and (b) if you did, the copper would round you all up however many of you there were, and give you all a lecture, take your names and addresses with the view to coming round for a chat with your parents. That was enough to put the fear of god into you (I was naive enough to think there was a god back then).

So because I couldn't identify from 20 yards the perpetrator of what had happened not two yards in front of him, he gave a shrug of his shoulders and carried on looking around aimlessly.

Anyway, I gave him my "You're just an oxygen thief" look until he decided to pedal off in the opposite direction.
bettyboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am 50 years old and I remember when I was a girl a copper could clip you round the ear if you did anything wrong. Oh I dunno they say things change for the better but as far as I'm concerned quite a lot of the changes have just made things worse.

13 year old kids know they can do what the hell they like and will get away with it as they are classed as not knowing what they are doing, what BS they know exactly what they are doing and will keep doing it because they can get away with it.
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see so many incidents where the police fail miserably in their duty it is unbelievable.

There is an Esso garage on a road near me, and it is illegal to turn right into it, there are 4 no right turn signs so there is no doubt, on at least 2 occasions I have seen a police car stop and give way to cars making an illegal turn into aforementioned garage, and to add insult to injury they give a cheery wave as they do it Evil or Very Mad

To old to die young.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bettyboo wrote:
I too am 50 years old ....

I'm not. I'm 45, hence in my fifth decade. You're in your sixth!
bettyboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant work that out, isnt a decade 10 years? wouldnt that mean being in your fifth decade mean you are 50? 5x10=50
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No because your first decade is 0-9

2nd 10-19
3rd 20-29
4th 30-39
5th 40-49
6th 50-59

Just like the mistake about 2000 being the new millenium. It wasn't the new millenium until 1st Jan 2001...
bettyboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so millions of people celebrated the millenium a year early 8O
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right!

EDIT: Now inducing a major headache trying to work out if that is right. All depends on if there was a year 0 or not....

EDIT 2: The Julian Calender doesn't have a Year 0. Therefore the end of the millennium wasn't until 31st December 2000 - when a full multiple of a 1000 years had passed.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a PITA Y2K was. I wasn't able to drink much that New Year’s Eve as I was on call and I also had to be in the office at 08:00 on 1st January 2000 to run tests on the company’s mainframe computer. Rolling Eyes
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: