Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NEW VERSION tomtom RDS TMC reciever out yet?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW VERSION tomtom RDS TMC reciever out yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5lab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i've now been told they have none in stock. anyone else had this? I'm currently without a reciever of any sort.. Sad
Summerlightning
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else had an e-mail from TT asking for 50 euros to exchange their mk1 TMC/RDS unit?
Good grief their support just gets worse.
Also you cannot send them an e-mail directly anymore.
You have to go through the website.
Garmin have nothing to be worried about.
SL
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i wasnt asked for ANY money, i bought a brand new tt rds-tmc from argos in newcastle, and found out it is the original one. so i emailed tomtom saying that its not good enough and doesnt work properly and that i want the latest receiver asap. Next day, no questions asked either, a box arrived for me to send the aforementioned tmc receiver and my dates receipt 21/10/07 back to them! i must admit, i cant fault their service this time! Smile

EDIT: forgot to mention, i told tomtom in my email that the version i had bought as "new" a week ago was 4v00.000 or something like that (its all boxed up for posting now, sorry!) and that i had read on the internet a new version 4v00.013 was out and thats what i want as a replacement!

iPhone 12
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this link:
http://www.tomtom.com/news/category.php?ID=4&NID=422&Lid=1

The new version has now been released into the UK market, yet when I checked the site it's nowhere to be seen... Confused
pdegg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm this at Amazon is the latest receiver?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-9V00-017-RDS-TMC-Receiver/dp/B000W3H2A6
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdegg wrote:
Can anyone confirm this at Amazon is the latest receiver?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-9V00-017-RDS-TMC-Receiver/dp/B000W3H2A6

The newest ones don't look like that. They have a straight connector whereas the one in the link is a right angle. Also, the newest one has what appear to be two ferrite cores, one fat one between the connector and the 'egg' and another, thinner, one about two fifths of the way along the remaining length of wire.

Edited to add the following.

I know that someone asked about measurements but I can't, for the life of me, find the post. So, here they are, approximately.

Connector to 'egg' - 18cm - suction cup on back of egg.
'Egg' to second ferrite - 48cm - one suction cup along this length.
Second ferrite to end - 75cm - two suction cups along this length.

Last edited by Tim Buxton on Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
pdegg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that - was going by the part number that expansys use. Will hold fire for now. Thanks again.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thread is here. Thanks Mike.
rjm2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small update on my new receiver, I drove from Leeds to Blackpool using the receiver and found a few things. As has happened before, I was stuck in congestion yet the tomtom showed my side of the M62 as clear and the other side (which was clear) as congested. I've installed the new version of the tomtom app (v7) and found that although the TMC icon went green much quicker than before (well, with the old receiver it never really went green), there were occasions where it went amber trying to locate a station, it seemed to stick on this and when I went into the Traffic settings showed it stuck on 89.something and not scanning. When I selected manual tune and entered any rubbish, it said no station found but then went on to successfully locate a station rather than being stuck. It appears it may get stuck and need a kick to start looking properly. Reception on the M62 was ok, but the rest of the route (M56 I think it was) was very poor and it couldn't seem to find a station most of the way. All in all, even with the new receiver I don't think it's a system which is working very well at the moment.
othilla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am now on my second 3.75 receiver after telling TomTom about losing all stations when using the charger cable and guess what this one is exactly the same,worse than the original.So if any one has a OneXL can they please please try it with the charger plugged in and tell me if it works as I am ready to sling it Mad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used mine with the One XL and the car charger cable it works fine, do you get reception in the car if you unplug the car charger? - if so I would suspect the charger is faulty and get that replaced before trying another RDS device - Mike
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, so i finally got my new version of the tt traffic receiver back and its works now in a v strange way an mentioned by rjm2k. Got to work the other day and plugged it in just like the old version. After about 5secs of orange circle then downloading icon, got a green icon. I thought, wow thats great. But then looking on the map with traffic option ticked, saw a long term stretch of roadworks near the north shields/a19 junction wasnt on even though the roadworks are still on. Anyway, played about with the traffic settings and it quickly downloaded the correct info and the roadworks were there. Later on that evening, i noticed that the green circle hardly even shows anymore, mostly just the downloading data icon appears unless you go into the traffic setting and select auto-tune. The it displays "going to the next station" and immediately goes green circle again. Think something isnt quite right with it, but its definately better than the old one i had. Any other tt1 3rd editions with newest tmc receiver finding this issue?

iPhone 12
othilla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike .Yes I get brilliant reception if I unplug the charger.
othilla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a trip to halfords and purchased a new car charger and it does exactly the same thing knocks the RDS-TMC out,luckily I got my money back.
beaconlegal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Athermic windscreens ... Reply with quote

Travelled all the way from Malvern to Scarborough and back on Monday. Had solid lock and information over 95% of the time, I would say. It switched seemlessly from Sutton Coldfield to Holme Moss on the way up the M1 and worked like a dream. Even saved us a nasty 1 hour delay which we were able to route around when we found out about it.

BUT - the first portion of the journey (Malvern to Derby) was in a friend's car and from Derby to Scarborough was in a white van, neither of which, as far as I know, had athermic windscreens.

Back into my own car and instantly back to very sketchy reception - barely any at all in Worcestershire until north of the M42.

Used a similar layout pattern for the cable in each vehicle. As far as I know, the only difference is that my car has an athermic windscreen. I wonder, if it were "accidentally" broken, whether I could get it replaced with a non-athermic one on the insurance .... Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 27 of 30

Jump to: