Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot 7 release date
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot 7 release date
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpdurst
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called CP this morning here in the US, I asked about the $99 upgrade, they have it but its just not listed on the website, I ordered the product and the email I have says it ships today. We'll see.
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can now place your orders via ALKs website.

Upgrade for upgrade for UK version is £49.99 shipping in 3-5 days.
ramzez
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
alix776 wrote:
sorry skippy but traffic is not vapourware it was launched with t-mobile and then with O2 and the orbit bundles came out and was free for 2 years if memory serves correct

But if I buy CoPilot (not bundled with a phone from T-Mobile oe O2) then does traffic work?

it is bundled with operator to my believes because it makes it easier for end user as he doesn't need to pay. if memory serves me correct you can purchase traffic info separately and it costed around 35 pounds for 2 years.
roger7248
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark1968 wrote:
You can now place your orders via ALKs website.

Upgrade for upgrade for UK version is £49.99 shipping in 3-5 days.

... and £99.99 for EU version, this is getting beyond a joke!! Evil or Very Mad
FatOldSun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's like Vista - probably worth waiting for but not until the bugs have been ironed out. Since the last update for Copilot 6 it's been working really well, with the only feature missing being the live traffic. That's the one feature that would tempt me into upgrading to version 7, but not until I'm happy that the whole system works properly. That's where the brave ones amongst you lot come in!
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

99 pound for the eu isnt that bad really

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:

Doesn't compare very well with the latest TomTom upgrade price of £29.95 for GB & Ireland or £39.95 for Western Europe (updated application free!)
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used

Last edited by Robin2 on Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They EU map covers more country's then the tomtom western EU map

device Lumia 950 xl
ahenry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin2 wrote:
alix776 wrote:

Doesn't compare very well with the latest TomTom upgrade price of £29.95 for GB & Ireland or £39.95 for Western Europe (updated application free!)
Robin

I've already got CP6 with the European maps and a working traffic news setup, through T-Mobile. £135 to replicate this for CP7 is too much for me.

I might be tempted to upgrade if the new releases is stable, and after they have released an patch that is easy to install. The CP6 process of having to install the original version and the two earlier patches, before you can install the latest patch shows how customer-focussed they are!

The handling traffic news in CP6 is flaky. First of all, they used to rank the incidents by the distance from your current location. Then some bright spark changed it in the last patch so that they are sorted by the road number. Problems on an A road 100 miles away on your route, will be shown on the first screen. If there is a problem on a motorway right next to you, you can have to scroll down the list and onto a second screen.

Yesterday there was a serious accident on my way home. It made sense to avoid a section of road. Although I had the option set to avoid the incident, it was still routing me that way. I took a detour that avoided the section of road with the problem, but then the routing tried to take me away from the rest of the main road, after the place where the incident had been.

To get this sort of problem sorted out needs time and money to spend on development and testing. I don't know that ALK are going to sell enough of CoPilot for it to be worthwhile for them to spend that money.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that to me sounds like the traffic data was wrong and giving to much area on the incident what it was picking up was maybe the knock ondelay

at 135you phone was probably included in that I got teddy_bears cp6 and compact3 for 50 pounds all in on flext

cp7 is major step for ward from cp6 the ui is much easier to use and more intuative than cp6 the mapping is bag uptodate
and that's not taken from the alk press sheet that's from my own experience from use cp7 in the field for a while in my last job and in my current job as a courier

device Lumia 950 xl
ahenry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
at 135you phone was probably included in that I got teddy_bears cp6 and compact3 for 50 pounds all in on flext

cp7 is major step for ward from cp6 the ui is much easier to use and more intuative than cp6 the mapping is bag uptodate
and that's not taken from the alk press sheet that's from my own experience from use cp7 in the field for a while in my last job and in my current job as a courier

£135 is the upfront cost to upgrade (£99.99 for the upgrade with European maps and £35 for the traffic news, which apparently costs for CP7 even if you can get it for free with CP6 with T-Mobile).

I've got a T-Mobile MDA Vario. The original contract expired. I'm now on U-Fix 50 with Web 'n' Walk, paying £12.50 a month. Upgrading to a Vario III would be nice, but would cost me ~ £350 more than I'm paying, with the combination of upfront cost and monthly contract. I would get more phone minutes and texts a month, but I don't use many, so it wouldn't save me anything.

If the CP7 upgrade had cost £80, then I would have had to think about it more carefully. At £135, I'll just leave it, and stick with the bugs that I know about.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: