Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Nuvi 660 Q's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Nuvi 660 Q's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deviltronics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 660 Q's Reply with quote

Hi

Just bought a Nuvi 660, after playing with it have a few questions if anyone fancies answering them!

1. Can you increase the simulation speed? If no, why would Garmin have it so slow (i think at realtime), with the TomTom's you can increase the speed by upto 500%.

2. Is it possible to change the colour of the maps? I know you can do it by day/night time but i there other downloads available so you can have your own colour choice?

3. How can you view all POI or Speed cameras when viewing the map?

4. Can you get an urdu/punjabi voice for the Garmin? I managed to get it on the TomTom by downloading it.

5. I updated my Nuvi on the Garmin website with the latest sofware, was this a bad move? I have read somewhere else that the Traffic Master does not work with the latest update.

6. Where else, apart from this brilliant site, can you get downloads for the Nuvi.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Nuvi 660 Q's Reply with quote

Deviltronics wrote:
1. Can you increase the simulation speed?
No, it's fixed at that speed.
Quote:
2. Is it possible to change the colour of the maps? I know you can do it by day/night time but i there other downloads available so you can have your own colour choice?
No, there are no options for changing the colours.
Quote:
3. How can you view all POI or Speed cameras when viewing the map?
There are a few tricks, but in principle, the unit will not display them. If you use the speed camera database from this site, and a recent version of POI Loader to load them onto your Nuvi (in Express mode), it will display the speed camera once you are close enough to each one.
Quote:
4. Can you get an urdu/punjabi voice for the Garmin?
Once you have the latest firmware on your unit, you can use WebUpdater, which will list all additional voices available for your unit. I'm not sure if these are available though.
Quote:
5. I updated my Nuvi on the Garmin website with the latest sofware, was this a bad move?
It's best to download the file and run it manually, rather than using WebUpdater (for the main unit firmware), but no, there's no reason to say upgrading was a bad move.
Quote:
I have read somewhere else that the Traffic Master does not work with the latest update.
What's changed is that the very early firmwares would display the traffic on the main 3d map screen, whereas the newer ones don't (and have a different traffic map interface). This isn't a Trafficmaster (the UK TMC supplier to Garmin) change, it's a worldwide Garmin change.
Quote:
6. Where else, apart from this brilliant site, can you get downloads for the Nuvi.
With the speed camera database, and the POIs files (although please do not try to load more than 257 separate CSV files onto your Nuvi, else you will render it useless), what else could you want...?
Laughing
Deviltronics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: