Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Quest with v8. Streets not detailed on SCREEN
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Quest with v8. Streets not detailed on SCREEN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amg61
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Quest with v8. Streets not detailed on SCREEN Reply with quote

Will try not to make this sound too complicated. Have a Quest, came with CN7 and upgraded to v8 with all unlock codes fine. Have not used it in a while. Opened mapsource to set route and new maps, and tranferred easily to my Quest unit, but now there are NO details on the Quest screen. There are millions of streets missing and not showing up on the Quest screen. Quest system software is updated, webupdater OK. It's as if the Quest is just showing basic highway and major streets ONLY. The small streets in neighborhoods, that are on the mapsource maps on my computer are NOT on the Quest unit screen and I can't find them.

This is the weird part. I can type in a detailed house address on the Quest unit and it finds the street name in the Quest database, but does NOT show the street on the screen!!!! Only shows a route to that house, but the street is not there by NAME and no "line" mimicking the street itself on the screen. The screen just shows major highways and roads only. I have loaded a few maps and it's still the same. Why is this happening?

Thanks.
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried zooming in or setting map detail to a higher setting?

Dave
bumpkin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you've accidentally unselected the mapping. Try the following:

1/ Turn unit on
2/ Press 'Menu' button
3/ Select 'Settings' and press 'OK' button
4/ Select 'Map Info' down at the bottom and press 'OK' button
5/ If your version of City Nav. isn't checked then select it and press the 'OK' button to do so
6/ Reverse out using the button with two overlapping rectangles.

If the mapping wasn't checked in 5/ above you've been viewing your base map, normal service should now be resumed.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that you have wiped out your maps? When you upload maps you have to upload a complete set every time. You can't add them bit by bit.

In Mapsource do an upload and tick the "Get Maps" checkbox. It will show you which maps your Quest has loaded. If it doesn't have all the ones you want then select the maps you want and upload them (takes ages though)
bumpkin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
Is it possible that you have wiped out your maps? When you upload maps you have to upload a complete set every time. You can't add them bit by bit.

In Mapsource do an upload and tick the "Get Maps" checkbox. It will show you which maps your Quest has loaded. If it doesn't have all the ones you want then select the maps you want and upload them (takes ages though)

Good point.

An easier/quicker way of checking which map tiles you have loaded is to zoom out to country level on your unit, the loaded map tiles can then be seen as grey rectangles.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: