Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Aytobe- Speedcams and other POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Aytobe- Speedcams and other POIs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
happyhkv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaiC1 wrote:
happyhkv wrote:
DaiC1 wrote:
Just have 2 problems I can't resolve.

1.After installing gps sentry the menu button dos'nt work so I cant config the com port.

2. The top part of the Gps sentry is not shown in the display so I cant close the program.

Any ideas.

Hi DaiC1, which version of GPS sentry have you installed?

1.5 some one said to use 1.3 but I can find it.

I have installed version 1.5.

1. use the touch screen pen and aim for the 'U' of the menu. This will open the menu. (I am not very familiar with WIN CE,) but there is a set up in the registry to make the MENU selection area to cover more then the 'U' of the menu.

2. once the menu is selected, there is an option to EXIT from the program.

Please post back if this helped.
scurra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Retromax"]
use the reset app that's on your memory card (not really sure the correct way of doing this but i select "yes" to reset then open it again and select "no" to shut down
turn it back on and hey presto! there's your desktop with the task bar etc ready for you to put your own stuff on!
[quote]

Ok am I being a total idiot? I can't work out how to run the .exe you can't do it through active sync, there's no way of exploring the files on the GPS unit through settings etc.. and you can't run the reset in windows either.....

can someone please let me know how to sort this????

thanks

Ben
DaiC1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have installed version 1.5.

1. use the touch screen pen and aim for the 'U' of the menu. This will open the menu. (I am not very familiar with WIN CE,) but there is a set up in the registry to make the MENU selection area to cover more then the 'U' of the menu.

2. once the menu is selected, there is an option to EXIT from the program.

Please post back if this helped.[/quote]

Thanks for that will try when I get my aytobe back. Lent it to a mate in work for him to try out.

Will let you know how it went when he gets it back to me.
scurra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Idiots Guide Reply with quote

Could we perhaps get a step by step guide that any idiot can follow to show how to get the AY to Be stripped back to windows and install programs? I'm sure I can't be the only person that's completely stumped by the process!

cheers

Ben
jthspace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike1963 wrote:
I`m trying to install GPS Speed Sentry 1.5 now but it keeps telling me it isnt a valid WinCe app. I have aygshell.dll (arm version) in the progdir and in windows dir for good measure.

Got it working! Had the wrong gayshell.dll Smile Number 4 is the one.,

Hi, did you ever get this working at anything other than at a snails pace?
It loads OK to Flash-Memory, I use aygshell (#4) - but it takes 30 secs to load the menu, 30 seconds to select an option, 30 seconds to highlight it, 30 seconds . . . . . . unusable!

Jeff
Mike1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jthspace wrote:
Mike1963 wrote:
I`m trying to install GPS Speed Sentry 1.5 now but it keeps telling me it isnt a valid WinCe app. I have aygshell.dll (arm version) in the progdir and in windows dir for good measure.

Got it working! Had the wrong gayshell.dll Smile Number 4 is the one.,

Hi, did you ever get this working at anything other than at a snails pace?
It loads OK to Flash-Memory, I use aygshell (#4) - but it takes 30 secs to load the menu, 30 seconds to select an option, 30 seconds to highlight it, 30 seconds . . . . . . unusable!

Jeff

Yeah, it worked but I had trouble accessing the menus (to close the program etc) if I`m remembering correctly. I didnt have enough use to keep working at the prog so it went in the end.

I`ve heard of the slow running problem but its never happened to mine - maybe its just the aygshell youre using?

Just an afterthought, all of my progs are in flash mem apart from TT6 which is on the card with my movies and mp3s.
jthspace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt response

I used the same dll as you did - number 4. I will try with 13 and 14 at the weekend. I got it full screen, no problem with screen size or anything (unlike others) but the speed . .. or lack of it . . . meant it lasted 30 minutes, which is what it took me to try and configure it.

Shame, its a great proggy, runs really well on my O2 Orbit, better than TT if all you want is speed camera warnings and overspeed.

Jeff
happyhkv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jthspace wrote:
Thanks for the prompt response

I used the same dll as you did - number 4. I will try with 13 and 14 at the weekend. I got it full screen, no problem with screen size or anything (unlike others) but the speed . .. or lack of it . . . meant it lasted 30 minutes, which is what it took me to try and configure it.

Shame, its a great proggy, runs really well on my O2 Orbit, better than TT if all you want is speed camera warnings and overspeed.

Jeff

I have GPS Sentry 1.5 and works fine on aytobe, apart from minor quirks.

see my post on page 17 of this forum. Aygshell 4, and the GPS Sentry are installed on the SD Card. It takes 20 sec to load up (this is due to loading of the camera database I think), which again I have loaded on the SD card.
retromax's backup file is the key to my setup. (again link in my post on page 17)
jthspace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that happyhkv, will try one more time . . . shame, the proggy works on an O2 Orbit and is arguably better than TT if you just want camera warnings - I like the over-speed warning function as well. Pity TT doesn't do that

Jeff
Mike1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jthspace wrote:
Thanks for that happyhkv, will try one more time . . . shame, the proggy works on an O2 Orbit and is arguably better than TT if you just want camera warnings - I like the over-speed warning function as well. Pity TT doesn't do that

Jeff

My TT does do that. Bottom right corner is a little "Your Speed/Speed Limit" display that goes red then flashes if youre going too fast.
jthspace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, found that! Well, you live and learn! Isn't this just a great progamme / unit?

Jeff
gps-biffa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi first post here, I recently bought one of these Aytobe units, and i think its great.

I have TTv5 and TTv6 but I can't get either of them to work correctly, I had TTv6 running, but it couldn't find the maps.

I can't get TTv5 working at all.

Can someone please put together a 'idiots guide' as I'm struggling to work it out, and I've read and re-read this thread many times.

Many thanks in advance.
joshua239
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this unit. My original post was to ask for this and that but I am figuring it out little by little.

R.
Roger_Yorkhunt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks,

I just got one of these, no problem, and very direct, When I bought it, I questioned it at maplins, and the guy said he was sure it was powered by road angel software in the guise of something else, eitherway i'm well chuffed, even if no speed cam alerts, but would be handy, but hey, for under a ton, its a good buy.
scurra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, i've got as far as the windows CE desktop and got the start bar to appear and stay, however when I install IBE registry editor to try and kill the malata.exe it comes up with an error saying it can't find some part of the program.. how did you get IBE regedit to work on the sat nav past the point of actually installing it?

cheers

Ben

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: