Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom v675 Map Now Available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom v675 Map Now Available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
54norton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a junction within half a mile of my house where a mini rdbt was installed some 10 years ago, to replace a "right of way" sweeping right turn. As this is yet to be picked up by TomTom (which instructs one to turn left, when actually you need to turn Right), what confidence can I have, in order to lob them about 40 quid?
jellywobbles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme2812 wrote:
wadialdoor wrote:
I have bought the GB new map v6.75

What a waste of money my road which is a 5 years old still dose not exist in the new map

So I strongly do not advice anyone to buy the new maps

Regards

Surely there is some way of reporting these changes to Navtec/Teleatlas etc so they can be check out?

Agree with your sentiments 100%!
54norton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the information. I'll keep the money in my pocket then!
capscrew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: report to map suppliers Reply with quote

When you report map problems how do you know the report has been acted upon. No one will ever reply to your report stating that xxxx has been fixed in the next map issue 76.93?
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: What A Waste Of Time Reply with quote

Well after two days of waiting I got my map of all of Europe.
Took a total of 1hr5mins to download and install.

Granted it has a new local cul-de-sac close to where I live (road laid about two years ago).

However a major error still exists on the junction of the A27 and A22 where it shows an unamed road going across the main railway line to the Polegate Bypass.

I reported this error last year and I thought as it is on a major road they would have removed this road which never was built.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=557500&y=105500&z=3&sv=557500,105500&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf shows how the junction really is and has been since 2002

HummerUK
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've discovered an interesting anomaly in the v675 maps. When travelling on the A422 between Brackley and Farthinghoe (Northants), you suddenly find that TT thinks you are driving through a field somewhere to the south of the actual road.

The v660 maps had this stretch of road mapped correctly. I'm not aware of any recent changes in this area - maybe there's a planned upgrade to the road?

Although it doesn't make any significant difference to actual navigation in the area, it does give cause for concern. Why has a map suddenly become less accurate in the most recent version. I could almost understand it if the road layout had changed relatively recently and Teleatlas/TomTom had gone back to a previous version, but when it's completely unrelated to any recent physical developments, it's a mystery. What's going on here?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: What A Waste Of Time Reply with quote

HummerUK wrote:
However a major error still exists on the junction of the A27 and A22 where it shows an unamed road going across the main railway line to the Polegate Bypass.

I reported this error last year and I thought as it is on a major road they would have removed this road which never was built.

I too have reported this to TA via their online reporting website, along with the fact that they still don't have Lewes railway station in their POI.
C7KEN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Latest TomTom Map Ver 6.75 Reply with quote

I have tried unsuccesfully to download these map updates using TomTom home and constantly get read error messages, now I get a no update message, I have contacted TT support and it takes them 24 hours to send me a so called cure ie reinstall TT home this has done nothing to help, I have sent a further message to them and now 27hours later have heard nothing, this is not acceptable so I plan to stop mastercard from paying them, not bother with any more updates, find an alternative to TT and if possible get this exposed on TV they cannot get away with being so poor at correcting errors on the maps and offering terrible service after having charged nearly 100 euros for a map update, they seem so difficult to contact its hard to see why other companies cannot beat them or are they all as bad?
Mervalous
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a TomTom forum and thats what I have on my mobile, but who are the best PDA or Phone Sat Nav when we are talking about correct and up to date maps, are they all about the same?
capscrew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: best map Reply with quote

No question about the best map supplier Navteq is quite literally streets ahead. Tele Atlas is a poor second.
dannyoneill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you report a map fault Teleatlas then see if its on their latest OEM database. If it is fixed there, thats it. IF not then they plan in a survey, where there trucks go out and map the are but this can take a while.

Problem is the TeleAtlas maps maybe upto date however tomtom havnt yet released that data. I read an article which says TA give the data to tomtom and it can take them 12 months to actually prepare it for release.

So your £50 update is more out of date than a £3 paper atlas from your local BP garage.

At least with my Wayfinder it was upto date, they would update the server maps 4 times a year if not more, shame that it was a crap product and all server based.
NiTeSHiFT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kar98 wrote:
Darren wrote:
Indeed there is. Both Navteq and Teleatlas have an on-line reporting system.

And what good does it do? I've been reporting the same damn errors for 5 years now, and they are still in there.

Well, same here when I report them to TeleAtlas, but Navteq is really fast. I just reported a road which was finished about 2 Months ago to TeleAtlas, and then wanted to do so on Navteq but they already had it on their system.

As i read somewhere TomTom switched to TeleAtlas for the newest 675 maps. I really would love to know why....
ozuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Cost of Maps! Reply with quote

Hi All,
I just discovered this thread and have just read through every single post.

The constant complaints about map innacuracies has me worried, I'm in Australia and will be visiting UK and France in August/September.

However, can someone tell me why the WE map (which includes UK) is 99 Euros and the Australian map is 199 Euros!! Holy cow! There are probably more roads in London alone than there are in the whole of Australia!! Surprised
The prices are from the first post in this thread.

Thanks,
Dave.
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smaller market, large area to map and revenge for the ashes and world cup springs to mind.....
vroomfondel
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: best map Reply with quote

capscrew wrote:
No question about the best map supplier Navteq is quite literally streets ahead. Tele Atlas is a poor second.

Debatable and depends on which country I think.
UK I'd aggree, but for France the latest TeleAtlas v675.1409 WE_&_CE or FR maps are much better (The cutdown TeleAtlas v675.1409 WE is a waste of space, avoid).
e.g. Parc nautique de L'Ailette and the roads in it, not on Navteq but are on TeleAtlas.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: