Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom v675 Map Now Available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom v675 Map Now Available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the acronym for "I told you a guru would come along and give me a rocket for not mentioning the Search button at top of every page"?

I should have added that it seems to be everyone's major dysfunction around here. Twisted Evil

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedbug wrote:
Err, ok - hopefully Dennis will spot a 'joke' when he sees one!!

Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry sarcasm does come across very well in the written word Embarassed
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
What's the acronym for "I told you a guru would come along and give me a rocket for not mentioning the Search button at top of every page"?

ITYAGWCAAGMARFNMTSBATOEP?? It'll never fly! Laughing

DennisN wrote:
I should have added that it seems to be everyone's major dysfunction around here. Twisted Evil

Who you calling dysfunctional?!! Evil or Very Mad
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedbug wrote:
DennisN wrote:

Who you calling dysfunctional?!! Evil or Very Mad

Not you bedbug - only everyone and I don't think he's on line right now or he'd have grumped me already (very touchy).

bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Not you bedbug

<<< pipes down! Smile
DrMips
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just read over at gps passion, that the USA and Canada get the new map update for FREE. Evil or Very Mad

I can't believe we are getting screwed again. I can understand charging €99 if it was a completely new product, but a few updates that I will probably never notice does not warrant this ridiculous price.
Shane-1970
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my new upgrade a few months back from V5 to V6, but since we're travelling through London this coming Monday and this 'Congestion Zone' how will this interact with TomTom Nav 6?

I don't really want to buy another update unless its really nescessary, but this could help us when travelling through london? I've already upgrade and bought 2 maps in the space of 6 months.

Does it compare it like a Toll Road and say 'You're travelling within the Congestion Zone which you will incure a charge'?

We're going to Earls Court which is on the border of the congestion zone, but TomTom takes us through it.

Can anyone enlighten me if they have the new maps and if possible provide a screen shot of the 'CZ'

Thanks in advance
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane-1970 wrote:
We're going to Earls Court which is on the border of the congestion zone, but TomTom takes us through it.

Can anyone enlighten me if they have the new maps and if possible provide a screen shot of the 'CZ'

I don't know how TTN works, but if it's the same as all TT stuff, the roads themselves are "marked" as toll roads (see my earlier post - on my map the road turns to green) and I certainly get a warning if I plan a route that it's going to a toll and do I wish to avoid it (unless it is unavoidable).
With luck this will show you a PDF picture of the complete zone (right click on the map to zoom and wander around it). To avoid it coming from Suffolk I'd imagine you might best go south of the Thames - I presume you can already avoid the old congestion zone? - then cross by Vauxhall Bridge and run along Chelsea Embankment to go up to Earls Court Road.

You might care to consider whether £8 for the congestion charge is a bargain compared with the new map pricing? But certainly my trip through yesterday gave me no less hassle than before I paid Mr Livingstone - 8 hours round trip for a mere 260 miles, with three of them inside London!!

SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does it compare it like a Toll Road and say 'You're travelling within the Congestion Zone which you will incure a charge'?

Hi Shane,

With reference to your question about announcement of the zone, when you plan your journey you are advised that there is a toll charge on route, you can then choose to accept or avoid it.

The older maps, including my upgrade to TT6 in December, still only show the old zone, so beware.

You can go to the POI page in this forum and download a file that will warn you when you are about to enter the new zone
Shane-1970
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all,

I did wonder if it was worth trying to avoid the zone on account of £8, but travelling through London we might be able to take in some sights on the way which will be nice.

And I totally forgot about the POI's DB, Rolling Eyes

Have downloaded the poi's and will see how it goes,

Thanks again

8)
Shane-1970
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange? STill on about the Congestion Charge.

Just to add, on my current Map which just checking to make sure it is the same in the signature, Map V660.1223

So, planning a route from Suffolk to Earls Court, Good ole John Cleese says the following:-

"Congestion Charge, so cough up!"

And then you get the usual, "Do you want to avoid Toll Roads"

How's that if the congestion zone is a new update when its already there on an older version?

Seems a waste of time updating?
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrMips wrote:
but a few updates that I will probably never notice does not warrant this ridiculous price.

So what's the fuss about then?

If you don't need the update...don't update. Wink

To old to die young.
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane-1970 wrote:
Strange? STill on about the Congestion Charge.

Just to add, on my current Map which just checking to make sure it is the same in the signature, Map V660.1223

So, planning a route from Suffolk to Earls Court, Good ole John Cleese says the following:-

"Congestion Charge, so cough up!"

And then you get the usual, "Do you want to avoid Toll Roads"

How's that if the congestion zone is a new update when its already there on an older version?

Seems a waste of time updating?

The route you have planned might take you through the 'old' CC area!!

To old to die young.
Bug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bimmo wrote:
Warning!

I took the plunge today, and purchased a 2007 map of Great Britain (v6.75). I thought I would update my existing mapping (v6.6).

I'm afraid I am very disappointed, I have found very little difference and the mapping still doesn't show a number of major road changes in Cambridgeshire, in particular the A47 Thorney bypass which opened in Jan 2006 and appeared in 'Navteq sourced' mapping nearly 12 months ago (eg Destinator v6).

This may be a worthwhile update from early versions but very little seems to have been updated from v6.6 (certainly not enough to justify the expense!!, in my view).

Thanks for the info bimmo. I live near Peterborough and frequently travel on the A47 to King's Lynn via Thorney. I informed Tele Atlas about the bypass a while back but their Map Insight still doesn't show the bypass http://mapfeedback.teleatlas.com/index.htm so I wasn't too surprised that I isn't included in TomTom's "latest" map. In this case I think its Tele Atlas who are to blame by supplying TomTom and us with out of date mapping data.

Garmin allow you to preview their maps before you purchase them. See http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/ and select a map from "MapSource Map Viewer". Their MetroGuide Europe v9 includes the Thorney Bypass!
badgerdid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Map issue Reply with quote

I have just looked at the 675 version and theres parts missing from the 660.1256 version.

Near Lichfield where the A38 meets the A5 they made the A38 go under the A5 and the A5 is a bypass to this roundabout from tamworth.

this is now showing correct in V 660.1256, but in version 675 neither the bypass or the underpass are showing???

Have they gone backwards with the mapping or is this a con, a way to get more money from people with maps that are actually more out of date than the one its replacing, im sooooo confused by this now.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: