Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom v675 Map Now Available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom v675 Map Now Available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fartpastry wrote:
The fact is to most people the terms "data" and "software" are interchangeable. Rightly or wrongly, the general public will view any distinction as symantics.

There are in fact two seperate issues being raised in this thread ....
Welcome to the forum. For one so young, and with unfortunate eating habits, I do believe you've talked just about the most reasonable sense of us all here (excuse me chopping it all off, no need to print it again, it was just good stuff).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
bimmo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warning!

I took the plunge today, and purchased a 2007 map of Great Britain (v6.75). I thought I would update my existing mapping (v6.6).

I'm afraid I am very disappointed, I have found very little difference and the mapping still doesn't show a number of major road changes in Cambridgeshire, in particular the A47 Thorney bypass which opened in Jan 2006 and appeared in 'Navteq sourced' mapping nearly 12 months ago (eg Destinator v6).

This may be a worthwhile update from early versions but very little seems to have been updated from v6.6 (certainly not enough to justify the expense!!, in my view).
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just looking on the map gb on the a5 in hints the a5 is now a bypass it has been on the navteq map for ages dont waist money yet :o
nimh999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am a bit miffed in that I bought two TT910 two weeks ago.

If you buy one map update can you use it on two TT910 or is there some sort of code that only allows only one TT910 to use it?
jhedleyj
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Congestion Charge Zone not there! Reply with quote

I downloaded the UK + IE map (675) for my GO710 today and find no evidence of the London Congestion Zone. Is it a POI or just "there"? If it is then I must be blind. I would appreciate some guidance on making their presence obvious as it was the main reason for buying the new maps!

If anyone can help........
Tatsfield
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the Western Europe map, v.660, 3 weeks ago and now I've returned from the trip I for which I needed it, I find that while I was away they rendered my map obsolete. Not only that but I suffered greatly from bad mapping in northern France and the most stupid and dangerous display of the speed where the text turns red and is unreadable and then it flashes on and off so it isn't even there for half the time just when you're trying to read it while driving! I e-mailed TomTom to ask if they were going to stop the red flashing nonsense but they didn't reply and now I can see why. New map and I don't have it. I find TomTom one of the least customer friendly outfits on the planet and they are living up to this reputation as far as I am concerned. Crying or Very sad
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Congestion Charge Zone not there! Reply with quote

jhedleyj wrote:
I downloaded the UK + IE map (675) for my GO710 today and find no evidence of the London Congestion Zone. Is it a POI or just "there"? If it is then I must be blind. I would appreciate some guidance on making their presence obvious as it was the main reason for buying the new maps!

If anyone can help........
I went to London today and new zone was marked and warned me to pay. It's part of the mapping, not a POI. If you Browse Map to top of Earls Court Road, you should see the road A4 going in towards city centre coloured green - just like a toll road (e.g. M6 Toll and M4 across Severn Bridge) - e.g. Harrods is now in the CC zone if you know how to see that.

jhedleyj
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: London Congestion Zones on latest maps Reply with quote

Thanks DennisN - you're a star!

The one thing I have to gripe about TomTom is their singular inability to commuincate with their clients. The lack of explanation about the London Congestion Zone is a great example. To continue... the Traffic Info system has loads of icons that to a layman like me mean little, there isn't an up-to-date "manual", and I have absolutely no idea on how to plan an itinerary let alone use one. TomTom are very keen and quick to take your dosh but cannot even be bothered to show us how to work the damn machines properly. Having said that when I use just the basic get me from A to B method it is an absolute godsend!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: London Congestion Zones on latest maps Reply with quote

jhedleyj wrote:
To continue... the Traffic Info system has loads of icons that to a layman like me mean little, there isn't an up-to-date "manual", and I have absolutely no idea on how to plan an itinerary let alone use one.

Allegedly, there's a super manual on the CD. A few months ago (when somebody told me that) I fished out the CD and put it beside the printer ready to load, read and inwardly digest. I found it under the mouse mat last night (again - last time I found it, it was under some papers - stark naked, not even in its little paper envelope!!).

So don't bother with the manual (it's probably not in English that you'd understand anyway) - ask on here and somebody will tell you - that's how I learned all about the world and everything, including itineraries, menu stuff, screen dumps, volume in handsfree, reset button, backups, posting pictures (I've forgotten how to do that again). You name it, at least a quarter of a zillion people on this forum not only know the answer, but freely, willingly, cheerfully, generously and gently compete with each other to be the first to help you out. Oops, that's torn it, just watch - some guru will now come on here and give me a rocket for not even mentioning the Search button up top of every page!! Anyway, I was very pleased to learn the other day that apparently this is one of the top websites in all the world, ever and ever, amen. How clever does that make me as a registered member? - I'm just a bright old smartarse!

I'm registered with 3 forums, but this is the only one I really visit. Can't think what any other forum could do for me that this one can't (I'm going to start a thread on why I shouldn't have got a 64-bit machine with Win XP Pro X64 Smile because it's nowt but a pain in the colon and what can I do about it like buying a new OS, even Vista).

andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't buy Vista (64 bit version especially) if you think X64 is bad, seriously you will have a coronary the troubles it will cause you. Stick to good old 32bit XP at least for the next 18 months until a couple of service packs come out for Vista.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: London Congestion Zones on latest maps Reply with quote

Dennis is absolutely right, though I do wish he'd also noted that there's a search function within the forums so that you can often find that a question has already been answered previously!

Honestly, Dennis, I'd have thought you'd have thought to include that!! Tsk tsk!

Laughing
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: London Congestion Zones on latest maps Reply with quote

bedbug wrote:
Dennis is absolutely right, though I do wish he'd also noted that there's a search function within the forums so that you can often find that a question has already been answered previously!

Honestly, Dennis, I'd have thought you'd have thought to include that!! Tsk tsk!

Laughing

At least he reads the post's properly Laughing Laughing

DennisN wrote:
Oops, that's torn it, just watch - some guru will now come on here and give me a rocket for not even mentioning the Search button up top of every page!!
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: London Congestion Zones on latest maps Reply with quote

andydigital44 wrote:
At least he reads the post's properly Laughing

Please tell me you knew that's what I was referring to?!?! Wink
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you were talking about the search function which seems to be everyone's major dysfunction around here. And Dennis did mention the search function in his post so i dont see what else you are getting at no Embarassed
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err, ok - hopefully Dennis will spot a 'joke' when he sees one!!

Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: