Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Metrowizz not finding Mapsource.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Metrowizz not finding Mapsource.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
longdog5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Metrowizz not finding Mapsource. Reply with quote

I've read most of the posts about Metrowizz and decided to give it a try, problem is Metrowizz is not finding Mapsource. I have installed Metroguide europe V8 and mapsource.exe has located itself in c/garmin/mapsource/. Metrowizz.exe has located itself in c/program files/metrowizz/. Metrowizz says 'cant find mapsource on your system' (I should mention I am using Win98 ). I've tried placing a few strategic shortcuts but still 'no find'. Any ideas??

LD5 Crying or Very sad
missing_user

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open MapSource with metroguide.
Open Metrowizz and follow the instructions.

The two are not combined.
n4nick
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Mapsource Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Anyone like to hazard a guess why when I try to start Mapsource it says that maps are not installed on the pc, even though they are! Anyway to circumvent this problem without un-installing and re-installing?

Cheers - Nick
missing_user

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have not un-locked them!

MapSource is only a program for viewing maps, so what maps do you have installed?
longdog5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think I must be doing something stupid, here is a step by step account of what happens.-
New micro SD in I3, launch metrowizz, check agree and want to continue, hit next, click on start/activate mapsource, says 'cant find on system', minimize Metrowizz and Launch mapsource directly, select and save about 10 megs of maps as .gdb , minimise mapsource and back to metrowizz, select .gdb file, back to mapsource, hit send, says 'creating index file' stops at 84%, back to metrowizz, metrowizz says total file size is 2 megs ???, click next to upload maps, what looks like a dos screen flashes
for a split second then says uploading maps, ready uploading maps, hit finish. I3 screen still showing 'please use the provided software to load maps'. I've also repeated the above but selected 'create image file' and tried direct upload from step 1 of metrowizz but no .img file found. Any ideas??
LD5 Crying or Very sad
n4nick
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

They are un-locked and used to work fine...just turned the computer one on day...probably 2/3 months after I had last used Mapsource and all of a sudden nothing works! Tried re-unlocking but that doesn't help. Bizarre!

I fear a complete un-install and re-install if the only way forward?!

Cheers - Nick
longdog5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, I dont think Metrowizz is going to work for me I guess the problem is my ancient win98 OS. it's a pity because it looks so simple to use. Anyway map images plus MDR file (snatched from C/windows/temp/mapsource) into sendmap20 works a treat. Does anyone know the absolute file size limit for sendmap? I seem to remember reading it was 1gb but I would like squeeze in just a little more, anyone know of a workaround or alternative?

LD5

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: