Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP! Nuvi switches off after loading POI's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! Nuvi switches off after loading POI's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pitstop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: HELP! Nuvi switches off after loading POI's Reply with quote

Help

I've just loaded my nuvi 360 with some POI's from here and now it won't go past the 'loading maps' page before switching itself off. I cant get past this stage even when its connected to my pc so i cant delete the file and go to my backup. What can I do? Thanks
pitstop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, forgot to say when connected to the PC it just hangs at 'loading maps'. I've just had a look at my poi file and I think I have exceeded 257 files. What do I do now??/ Crying or Very sad
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to follow the instructions Here
pitstop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Phoned Garmin on the number suggested in that link and they said it is NOT to do with loading more than 257 POI's but rather that the pocket GPS database has corrupted the maps and I have to send it back to them and pay £149 as this is not covered by warrenty - even though the unit is only 8 months old. Are they spinning me a line here? Is the database corrupted? Has anyone else had this problem and solved it by using the emailed software? Has anyone got a copy of the software I could borrow as they wouldn't send it to me and seemed to go a bit 'funny' when I mentioned pocket GPS world and lost all interest in helping me. Am I the first to encounter this poor level of customer service from Garmin?
smudge04
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly this problem on my nuvi 350 on monday - I went mad stuck on tonnes of POIs and the unit got stuck on the loading maps splash screen. I had an entirely different experience of garmin customer support. I spoke to a chap called andy and he emailed me straight out the files and updater program to revive the system. I used this and got back to a working Nuvi within a few minutes.

The email I was sent was titled "Nuvi 310/360 System Software Missing" and was a standard garmin help email.

Give garmin another call and ask for the above.
MAD-OL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI ALL.

I have had the same problem on my NUVI. Spoke to a bloke called claude on the phone tried ressttting in maintenence mode and still no fix. Got told to send to Garmin. Sent two weeks ago. Fortuntly was on holiday between for a week so did not miss it too much. Would have had unit Mon this week but not in for delivery so had to pick up tonight.
Bonus points.

1 - a brand new unit
2 - a complete set of new leads and mountings in addition to ones already owned
3 - it is now updated to vol 9 off the maps.

only bad point i can see is that iv put my SD card somewhere safe and can`t find it.

Dont know if this helps but it is what happened to me.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pitstop wrote:
Hmm. Phoned Garmin on the number suggested in that link and they said it is NOT to do with loading more than 257 POI's but rather that the pocket GPS database has corrupted the maps and I have to send it back to them and pay £149 as this is not covered by warrenty - even though the unit is only 8 months old. Are they spinning me a line here? Is the database corrupted? Has anyone else had this problem and solved it by using the emailed software? Has anyone got a copy of the software I could borrow as they wouldn't send it to me and seemed to go a bit 'funny' when I mentioned pocket GPS world and lost all interest in helping me. Am I the first to encounter this poor level of customer service from Garmin?

that's weird... they KNOW of the limit as when i was doing all the testing i sent all my findings to them...

not good service Sad i wonder if they've been told to tell people that the PGPSW files 'corrupt' their units to try to get people to use heir own databases?!

when i phoned them and explained the issues i had they said straight away that they would send me the software via email for sorting the problem out - when i gave him my email address he said 'oh, is this MaFt who runs the MaFt poi site?" - they appeared to hold me in quite high regard so i assumed that when all the info was sent to them that they would take note...

oh well... p'raps not this time!

MaFt
pitstop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now sorted - see this post. :D

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=308638&highlight=#308638
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pitstop wrote:
Now sorted - see this post. :D

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=308638&highlight=#308638

this IS mentioned in the original post accessed via the news link here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=869

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: