Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator console
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator console

View previous topic :: View next topic  
remah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Destinator console Reply with quote

Confused
Hi there,
I'm a new user having just registered and consequentley this is my first post.

My User name is Remah and I am a retired building surveyor from the north of England,

I've recently bought, second hand, a Shinco GM-350S-EU Sat Nav System from a mate of a mate. After familiarising myself with the kit, I charged it up and proceeded to set it up in the car. When I switched it on a message displays explaining that the speed camera data needs updating.

Now, after reading through the user manual, it is evident that the Destinator Console disc is required to perform the update, however in section 5 it says that the Console Disc is only provided when purchasing additional European maps.

I've no desire at the present time to purchace any European maps as I have no needs to drive in Europe.

I've searched the forum and also Googled but can't seem to be able to obtain a copy of the latest Console Disc.

It seems a strange situation, other people must have had the same problem before. So, I would be greatfull if anyone can point me in the right direction in obtaining a copy. As I said earlier, I don't want to buy any more maps at the present time.

Thanks,
Remah.
remah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there again,
16 views and no comments.
Is this a taboo subject that I have raised, or do people actually not know the answer which, seems strange to a section of a forum dedicated to the actual software.

Remah.
TheRock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try the update from GrundigDelphi: http://www.delphigrundig.com/index.php?id=53&L=1
remah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion Rock however, I don't have any CD with a registration number on, the kit has no SD card and the software doesn't seem to be the same ie, reference to navman not destinator console. There is reference to upgrading Destinator Console however, I need the software installed on my PC to upgrade it which brings me back to the original problem. Unless I am misinterpreting what it is saying.

Remah.
TheRock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you download and execute this file http://www.delphigrundig.com/fileadmin/download/software/Destinator_console_version_5.5.0.106.exe it will install a Destinator-Console-V5.5.0.106 on your PC.
remah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRock,
Thanks for prompting me. As you probably realise, I am very new to all this so if you wouldn't mind, if you could answer me a couple of more queries I would be greatfull.

1. At present, I have V 5.7.5.27 installed, do I now have to change this for the 5.5 version that I downloaded to perform the upgrade of the speed camera data base or can I import a file into V5.5 and download it into my kit.
2. I have seen in the forum that version 7 is being talked about so, now that I have actually got a copy of Destinator Console 5.5, are there ongoing charges to upgrade to a more recent version or, are there free upgrades avaliable as I thought the Console disc was only supplied when new maps are purchased.

Thanks for your patience, I'll probably be back again.

Remah.
TheRock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should not load the D6 Version supplied with the console on your PNA. I doubt that it would work with your hardware.

Import the speed cam data to your kit should work.

If there will be a D7 upgrade for your system, it won't be free of charge.
remah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rock, I'll have a look for a suitable file and upgrade.

Remah.
petercw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need destinator console to upgrade speed camera locations. You just need to visit www.tds-tr.com and register the device. Problem is, yours is secondhand so I don't know whether you will have difficulties - did the previous owner register it? If so you will need to get in touch with him to find out the username/password he used, as tds will only let you download the updates if you can supply these details.

Anyway, go to www.tds-tr.com and try to register. It might work. Once you've done that the website will lead you through the update process.

Peter
blancomcr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: shinco same prob kind of Reply with quote

I cant find maps to buy anywhere.i get strange looks when i mention "shinco"..im off to spain in a few weeks and am desp to find the euro map for my shinco gm-350s-eu sat nav.
ALso iv tried to download allsorts of stuff but AND iv been through the tds (connect you sat nav to your computer instructions) but...nothing. Shall i bin it?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: