Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Warner alerts on Mio 268+
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Warner alerts on Mio 268+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Welliesorter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: POI Warner alerts on Mio 268+ Reply with quote

Is anyone here still using POI Warner on a Mio 268+?

I've successfully installed POI Warner on my Mio 268+ and added the speed camera files by following the instructions at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/mio268-speed-cameras.php.

I then installed alternative voices, as mentioned in the thread at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34314 and spent a bit of time associating different messages with each type of camera.

All seemed well until I updated to the latest version of the camera database. After manually importing the files using the POI warner software, I found all the settings in the program had been restored to their defaults. I had to select the POIs that I wanted the program to monitor, followed by the acoustic alerts, all over again. As a consequence, my laboriously selected sound file selections had also disappeared.

Is there a way of getting POI Warner to retain its settings when updating the camera database? As there are potentialy three sound files to be selected for each type of camera, making the selections is a pretty tedious task!
daktari
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Welliesorter,

Yes I'm also still using a 268+ & POI Warner.

I've not experienced any problem with losing the customised voices when updating the camera database - but this does occur if you do a "Hard re-set" of the kit - or if you allow the battery to run flat.

Otherwise, I update the camera database most weeks with no probs

Best of luck! Laughing
Welliesorter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the response.

I wonder what we're doing differently, or what's different about our setups.

I saw that the database has been updated today so I downloaded the new version. As before, I unzipped the contents of the file to C:\Program Files\POI-Warner MioMap Edition\pois\export and ran the POI Warrner synch on my PC.

When I started the application on the Mio, I got the initial disclaimer for new users followed by a warning that no POIs are being monitored. In other words, the program was back to the way it was when first installed.

A couple of questions strike me:

Have you added any other POIs or do you only use the speed camera ones? I have also added quite a few on offer from poihandler.com.

Are the POI Warner and Mio Map software running on the unit when you do the update, or is it at the initial screen (the one with the four icons for the various functions)? Mine wasn't running the software when i did the synchronisation.

Thanks again.
daktari
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm .... Rolling Eyes
That's certainly different from what I do - but as I'm not at home at my PC I can't check it out at the moment, I'll look into it.

Yes - I do have quite a lot of POI's installed & update them all automatically (UK & Continental) - Stores / Petrol / Hotels, etc.

I don't download / unzip the database - I just connect to POI-Warner on my PC using a USB cable, then switch on the Mio when asked to do so. I don't get into the MioMap screens, it goes straight to the screen showing files flying across (or something like!).

I choose which POIs I want to update from the PC menu (actually I usually leave the selection the same as the time before) & click on "Synchronise" - Hey Presto, it works (usually!!)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: