Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed cameras on pna205
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed cameras on pna205
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magic-sid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Work on windows vista???? Reply with quote

I Just brought this item too from tesco..Bargain!

I Have no idea what im supposed to load onto my pc (running VISTA!) to sync it, what folders do i put things into ? how do i change things like settings ? speed limits ? change POi ?

Basically i have no idea what the 4 disc's in the box are for and nothing will install on my pc running vista.
BrianCH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Speed camera volume Reply with quote

Thanks vin123. Now got the camera bit up and running just as you said. However, the warning 'beeps' can hardly be heard, so next to useless. Is there a way of increasing the volume.
If anybody knows the answer it will make my day :D
s2steamy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vin123 wrote:
Have just discovered to enable a speed camera database, which is pre-loaded, you need to touch the green square in the bottom right hand corner. Its a little tricky to get so you might need a stylus. Then you need to simply touch the activate option, and then save settings.

I'm not sure how up to date the database is, and I'm unsure on how to update it, although the option screen does point to POI Warner.

Hi
I have a small red square on my display, tried touching it but it just clicks but no menu comes up. the user manual is very vague, I dont know if I am supposed to load the speed cam disc onto the unit first or if it is all ready installed? any one got this working yet?
Adi51
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you just click that little box and a menu will appear (make sure your actually clicking it since its not in the best spot there) no need to install anything from the cd.

I put tomtom 5 on mine and its so much better, easier to use better POI and faster!
raymac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all
firstly what a great forum!!.I am new to sat/nav and purchased the easter special at tesco,the medion pna 205.thanks to you guys i now know how to turn the speedcam software on.
My question is,once the software is turned on how can i tell that it is working .
thanks
is the software running when the green square is red?.
s2steamy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
My speed cam is working now. Yes the square turns green when it is on. When you are approaching a fixed camera site it gives a bleep and a small speed limit sign is shown on the map. Laughing
All I have do now is get the POI working, or is it only London that is covered?
Anyone tried this yet? Question
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s2steamy wrote:
Hi
My speed cam is working now. Yes the square turns green when it is on. When you are approaching a fixed camera site it gives a bleep and a small speed limit sign is shown on the map. Laughing
All I have do now is get the POI working, or is it only London that is covered?
Anyone tried this yet? Question

Yep, just London...which is nice!!

The camera locations should be visible at all times...assuming that there are some.
Simply switch on & move the map around with your finger until you find your town centre, or an area where you know where there are a few.
If they don't appear, click on the green box. It'll go red, then click again.
The other POIs..petrol stations, hotels etc do show themselves.
I've found that they tend to appear when travelling slow(ish).

Hope that this helps

Cheers
DNN
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this satnav come with the poiwarner software for your computer or do you have to buy it? Can you use the camera database from here to update what came with this gps? What type of file does the camera file use, .csv, .asc, etc, can these be adapted/updated and put back in the gps?
I've got one of these satnavs still sealed in the box for a friend but will take it back if i have to pay out for poiwarner.
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

portman wrote:
Does this satnav come with the poiwarner software for your computer or do you have to buy it? Can you use the camera database from here to update what came with this gps? What type of file does the camera file use, .csv, .asc, etc, can these be adapted/updated and put back in the gps?
I've got one of these satnavs still sealed in the box for a friend but will take it back if i have to pay out for poiwarner.

Hi,
Firstly...don't take it back...bang it on ebay! I've seen these go for £100.00 in the past few days.
The POI warner is included on the Medion & on the CDs.
I've given a DVD of the data supplied with the Medion to a Moderator on this Forum to get the kind of answers that you are looking for. However, it would appear that Tom Tom will work successfully on the Medion, so it may be promising. Hopefully we will get the answers in a few days.
Personally, the Medion does everything that I want it to AND for £60 is a bargain.
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. Will wait and see!!
s2steamy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it will be interesting to know if the maps can be updated. I have been looking on the Medion web site but have not been able to find out ifor where the UK maps can be updated. If anyone does find how to update please post it on here, I am sure there are a lott of other users that would be interested. Wink
s2steamy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used my Medion PNA 205 for the first time on a long (ish) Journey 75 miles. It went quite well but I did get the out of memory error and also the fatal exception error when I had arrived at my destination. I had to reset to get it operating again. Also on the way home at one point the voice told me to turn left when I knew I had to go right, the blue line showed right as well.
Maybe just teething problems!! Rolling Eyes
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s2steamy wrote:
I used my Medion PNA 205 for the first time on a long (ish) Journey 75 miles. It went quite well but I did get the out of memory error and also the fatal exception error when I had arrived at my destination. I had to reset to get it operating again. Also on the way home at one point the voice told me to turn left when I knew I had to go right, the blue line showed right as well.
Maybe just teething problems!! Rolling Eyes

Hi,
The out of memory & fatal exception errors are a bit of a mare.
I tend to pop out a battery, instead of fiddling about trying to find that hole...Story of my life!! :D
I'm awaiting a decent size SD card & will then try to run the UK Sat Nav from there..in theory the out of memory glitch may go.
I've known the voice to give an incorrect command ('turn left' but meaning 'bear left'), as for the actual map???
Could it be that turning right may have been a quicker route?

Cheers
DNN
s2steamy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Davenn
How do you get the medion to read a map on the SD card? do you just put the card in with the map on it and re-boot?
alphatango
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as this thread is about how to install the speed cams, here's how ..

1. Copy the folder 7 from the speed cam cd to the mem card
2. Do a soft reset and it auto installs the speed cams for you

Its a similar process for the travel guide, but you must create a folder 4, and put the cab files in. Soft reset installs it automatically.

Found out the hard way (was left only with the navigator after switching from french to english) !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: