Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Custom Voice Alert Download Page Added
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Custom Voice Alert Download Page Added
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gill57
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Thanks, done it and everything is just as it's supposed to be.
Excellent site, keep it up folks.

Thanks to all who answered and fixed my problem.
Gill57
awilson29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added some ogg for my own use in Europe seen as they are all UK alerts and now the European DB is expanding.

It is based on Wily Earthworm's "Crystal with Chime" and includes pmobile taken an modified from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-ogg-files.php from the specific one listed below:

Quote:
These were created using a Text to Speech voice “Crystal” by ‘WillyEarthworm’ and have a chime at the front.

It can be downloaded until admins check it and hopefully add it from: http://www.back-pain-hq.com/Crystal_chime_europe_speedzoned.zip

Hope it is of some use ...

Alistair
flatlander
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, great site

Hope you can help, I am a bit new to this so please bear with me.

I have a TT one V2 europe and have the speed camera's installed
I have downloaded the single file version of the PocketGPSWorld 'Computer Voice' alert (fist one on the page) and unzipped them into my map file on the TT

I was not sure which file I needed so picked this one at random

Sure enough it does not work I still get the bells and chimes alert

What have I done wrong?

regards
Flatlander
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to match the spoken alerts to the actual Speed Camera database type you have installed to your device

There are three types of camera database:

Single File
Consolodated by type
Speed Zoned

There are also three types of spoken ogg files per voice available, you must select the one that matches your database for this to work - Mike
flatlander
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mike
It now works a treat
Thanks again
regards
Flatlander
mark_pearce
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: .ogg file voice alerts for pmobile speed-zoned database Reply with quote

@ Oldboy and Darren (from Wed May 16th 2007 !!) javascript:emoticon('Embarassed')

Been away on an extended trip, and (I'm completely ashamed to say!) that I've only just got to your replies to my post re difficulties Un-Stuffing (on a Mac) the Crystal pmobile voice alert .ogg files. javascript:emoticon('Embarassed')

Dragging the relevant .zip file onto my (already open) Stuffit application window (as opposed to just double-clicking the .zip file, which launches Stuffit) seems to have done the trick!

(Many thanks Oldboy), and (@ Darren), yes, I already was using Firefox, (V2.0.0.4), so using Safari was not an issue. But very many thanks to you both. Apologies it's taken me sooooo long to respond to your very much-appreciated help!

Anyway, thanks to you both, I now have a full set of .ogg files for my UK speed-zoned database. Shame it took a PC user to straighten out a Mac user, though, eh!
javascript:emoticon('Embarassed')

Much appreciated, guys, and all that EVERYONE at PGPSW does for us all.
Keep up the excellent work.

Mark Pearce

TomTom Go500
Gwynedd, Nth Wales
(Yep!! Smack in the middle of Roger Brunstrom territory!!)
javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes')
Welshy84
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, help me PLEASE. I have had my tomtom go 700 since it came out. A friend of mine added the speed camera database (which is from this site as their all named pocketgps something or other). I used to use the edited data.chk file for the sounds. however since updating to the latest version 6.somthing it doesnt work. having seen this post i see i can put ogg files on instead. however i have tried each of the options (single, speed zoned etc) but none of them work when i put into the POI folder. I am stuck with the bells and chimes etc. how do i get round this?

Regards

Welshy
FazerUK
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one all the files need to be the same names, and two you need the data.chk that first came with your TT700 before you started changing them for the voice.
Western_Europe-Map v650.1127
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FazerUK wrote:
and two you need the data.chk that first came with your TT700 before you started changing them for the voice.
If he has upgraded the software he will have the correct data.chk File. This is why he is getting the bells etc.

If he puts the original data.chk on, while using the later version he will have problems.

Welshy84

Once you have the OGG Files installed, and they are correctly named, you have to go to Warn When Near, in Manage POIs, and set up the warnings again for each camera type. Have a read of #5 of the FAQs Page.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And whilst it may be very kind of your friend, the speed cams are a subscription service so you're supposed to pay for them!

Perhaps now you've dropped by and asked for (and received) help you might think it fair to subscribe?
Welshy84
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys thanks for all your help. I am still a little confused though. Do i need to keep the old or the new data.chk on the device? (i still have both so its no bother which ever). Secondly, if i have various gatsos (30 40 50) etc and the same with mobile do i need to be downloading the single file, speed zoned or the other one. I have tried all three and put them in the Western European Maps folder which is where my POI cameras are. When i then go to do the warn when near, i choose 300yards then it takes me to the bell, chime cookoo etc. Im sorry for being so stupid i just really cant get it to go.

Darren, i would happily subscribe, i am not on the scav, would assume my friend would have subscribed in someway to have got the POIs in the first place, i will check with him. If not what is it you would like me to subscribe and pay for?

Regards

Welshy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welshy84 wrote:
Guys thanks for all your help. I am still a little confused though. Do i need to keep the old or the new data.chk on the device? (i still have both so its no bother which ever).

If you're using the .ogg files then you should reinstate the original .chk file.
Quote:
Secondly, if i have various gatsos (30 40 50) etc and the same with mobile do i need to be downloading the single file, speed zoned or the other one. I have tried all three and put them in the Western European Maps folder which is where my POI cameras are. When i then go to do the warn when near, i choose 300yards then it takes me to the bell, chime cookoo etc. Im sorry for being so stupid i just really cant get it to go.

That's the speed zoned version. The .ogg files need to be in the same folder as the POIs, in your case the Western European Map folder.
Quote:
Darren, i would happily subscribe, i am not on the scav, would assume my friend would have subscribed in someway to have got the POIs in the first place, i will check with him. If not what is it you would like me to subscribe and pay for?

Assuming your friend subscribed he's not supposed to be installing them on other devices not belonging to him. I'm sure you can see why this isn't permitted. To keep within the terms and be eligible for future updates you need to subscribe in your own right.

Last edited by Darren on Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Welshy84
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren thanks very much ive managed to do it and its all working fine. I understand about subscription, have i not subscribed in order to be able to use the forum though? Great website cheers for the help guys
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welshy84 wrote:
Darren thanks very much ive managed to do it and its all working fine. I understand about subscription, have i not subscribed in order to be able to use the forum though? Great website cheers for the help guys

No, forum membership is entirely different from subscription. The Speed Camera Database is only available to members who have paid a subscription fee, see here.
FazerUK
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when I updated to the latest software, this changed the data.chk file.

If that the case, how have I got my working, I must of mess about that much I did not know how i did it LMAO.

I must of done an update after I messed about and it worked
Western_Europe-Map v650.1127

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17

Jump to: