Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 650 postcode search
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

650 postcode search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
weasel72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: 650 postcode search Reply with quote

how can i get the 7 digit postcode search for my icn 650.. its driving me nuts!!!
Can anyone help???
Ant3000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't on the icn 650. There was mention of a database of postcodes that could be loaded but the feeling I got was that they are essentially thousands of POIs and not very practical to use.

It appears from what I have read that Navman are not updating any software for this device which seems very poor service considering some people will have paid around £800 only a couple of years ago for a piece of 'obsolete' kit. I imageine there will be large group of very unhappy navman users.
Ant3000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't on the icn 650. There was mention of a database of postcodes that could be loaded but the feeling I got was that they are essentially thousands of POIs and not very practical to use.

It appears from what I have read that Navman are not updating any software for this device which seems very poor service considering some people will have paid around £800 only a couple of years ago for a piece of 'obsolete' kit. I imagine there will be large group of very unhappy navman users.
weasel72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ant thanks for your reply, thats a joke if thats correct!!
will keep trying i guess.... either that or it will have to go!! it will take me anywhere in europe at the touch of a button, but finding places in uk is a problem!!?? can't see the logic in that 8O
Ant3000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post!
Yes, I'm afraid that there isn't 7 digit postcode search only 5. I have the Sony NVXP1 which is the same as the Navman icn650 but I have not found this a major problem as it is still possible to find the address - it just takes a bit longer. Also, I often do not have the postcode anyway so need to enter via town/streetname/house no. anyway.
vroomfondel
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant3000 wrote:
It appears from what I have read that Navman are not updating any software for this device which seems very poor service considering some people will have paid around £800 only a couple of years ago for a piece of 'obsolete' kit. I imageine there will be large group of very unhappy navman users.

Me included. I've spoken to Navman about this. They told me there will me no more map updates either.
So I've dumped it after only 18months and gone to TomTom.
I know people moan about TT's support but Navman's was far worse.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: