Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Reliable supplier for Brodit mounts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Reliable supplier for Brodit mounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reliable supplier for Brodit mounts Reply with quote

In view of the problems reported in obtaining Brodit mounts from HandNav (and my difficulty in even getting them to answer the phone!), can anyone recommend a reliable supplier?
Robin
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sometimes possible to deal directly with Nemesis, who are the UK wholesaler for Brodit products. However, this is really frowned upon.

My recent experience with HandNav is that so long as you understand there is a wait when ordering Brodit products, they're fine. We ordered a ProClip for my mother's new car in order to fit her mobile phone. There was a delay, but as soon as HandNav got the ProClip in stock, it went as it should - the order was unfrozen and the product shipped.

David
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks David. I tried for over a week to phone HandNav, but never got a reply. I'll give them another try
Robin
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main problem with the brodit mounts are usually not with the retailer but the manufacturer (and UK distributor) not being able to supply them quick enough as there are thousands of different mounts and clips.

I'm a little surprised you haven't heard back from HandNav, but most UK retailers have been extremely busy trying to clear the Xmas/New Year backlogs.
Newbate
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Brodit ProClips & PDA mounts Reply with quote

Getting Brodit mounts from a retailer even after the Xmas /New Year rush is over is still a nightmare. I tried 3 retailers who all said that the mounts I wanted were not in stock and they would be at least 3-4 weeks (2 ProClips and an Ipaq 2100 passive mount).
I got on to Nemesis and explained the problem which they understood and they took my order direct. All delivered the next day no problem.

I would suggest that HandNav and the other retailers should make it clear on their web site that they don’t stock the vast majority of the clips & mounts and that there will be a delay in delivery otherwise it could end up giving Brodit (Nemesis) a bad name.
handnav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

If Nemesis are reserving some stock to themselves than we cannot do anything about that. There is only one Brodit distributor and that is Nemesis; hence we have to take their words on the stock issue. As far as the delay is concerned than this only happens on the Clips and not holders, we as a retailer keep most holders that are on our website in stock, some new holders released by Brodit takes long time before we get these.

We take orders from customers and do not charge customers credit card until the order is ready to be dispatched. We are as keen as you all customers are for dispatch so that we can charge credit card and get paid. The stock issue on Clips is on going problem and we live in hope that it will be resolved, but this needs good backing and support from distributor and the manufacturer.

As a retailer, I can only apologize to all the customers for the inconvenience that we may have caused. We do take suggestions from all and where possible implement them.

Should you wish to speak to me, you may do so on 020 8443 4337

Regards
Chetan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: