Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman iCN630 V2 Upgrade FREE - NAVMAN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman iCN630 V2 Upgrade FREE - NAVMAN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICNman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: V2 upgrade. Reply with quote

Allright guys,

I've had some time to play about with the iCN630 and there is one thing thats bothering me. Theres the avoid area feature which allows you to select an area with the square target/cursor and then you press the OK button, and a small menu box appears and you have the avoid area feature along with others. You then select it and a small shaded box apears with the cursor, you now have to simply select the bit you want to avoid and press the OK button. The small shaded box is placed on that selected area (it looks like a road block), and to remove it you simply have to place the cursor over the shaded box and press OK, and you now have another option below the avoid area feature called delete avoid area, select it and press OK, the shaded box is now removed.

You can place many avoid areas which is good but the problem is that you have to remember where you've placed these as they are not removed after you've completed you're journey, cancelled you're journey or even after you switch off the unit. I've had a good play with it but can't seem to find any option that allows you to clear all avoid areas.

I really hope that there is a way to get rid of all avoid areas, as this can be very bothersome when the iCN's calculating other roots.

I know what you're all thinking: The V2 hasn't been out 5 minutes and allready somebodys complaining.

I must stress that an already brilliant iCN630 is now made much better, and this really isn't a complaint. If there is no option, lets just assume that Navman might possibly have not noticed this, then we'll just have to be mindfull where we place these avoid areas.

I couldn't find anything else guys, its all brilliant.

iCNman Out of here
kevmac YTY
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone found out how up to date the Tele Atlas maps are?

I know most folk here are in the UK but the feedback could give me an idea of how new the maps for the Republic of Ireland are.
ICNman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

kevmac YTY wrote:
Has anyone found out how up to date the Tele Atlas maps are?

I know most folk here are in the UK but the feedback could give me an idea of how new the maps for the Republic of Ireland are.

Hi Kev,

I've been testing the software and map nearly all day today and I was unable to find any roads that weren't included which is good. There were a few places where Navtech maps were inaccurate, most of the times with small roundabouts. It would either display a roundabout when there wasn't one or vice versa. I went to these places and no problems. I really havn't gone out that far so a lot more testing to be done yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few bits missing here and there as Tele Atlas maps are less consistent compared to Navtech, for the UK anyway. But then again they are the latest up-to-date maps so fingers crossed.

I have also sent Navman Newzealand an e-mail regarding the 'avoid area feature' which was mentioned by me earlier (the one before Kevmac), and hopefully I should get a reply within the next few days.

By the way Kevmac, have you got your'e CD's yet?

iCNman Happy
anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Got home from work and mine has come too. Looking forward to having a play! Thumbs Up

Website

The answer is 42. Now what is the question?
AlfieB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now had chance to instal the new software and it went very smoothly, I fould there is a useful addition to the Map Installation, now you can reformat your SD cards very quickly. I had previously loaded all of the UK maps onto a 128mb SD card and with one click the card was reformatted and the original data deleted.

I found that ll of my shortcuts had been retained. I went out on a test run and it worked perfectly, the 3D view is good.

It will be interesting to see how others are finding it.

Happy
AlfieB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See that's what happens when you don't proofread properly. The last but one para should have said " I found that all of my shortcuts had been retained"

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
kevmac YTY
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, haven't got mine yet.

I presume they were sent out on Thursday in the UK so I should get them on Monday (fingers crossed).
anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICNMan wrote
Quote:
You can place many avoid areas which is good but the problem is that you have to remember where you've placed these as they are not removed after you've completed you're journey, cancelled you're journey or even after you switch off the unit. I've had a good play with it but can't seem to find any option that allows you to clear all avoid areas

Goto Settings/User and there are the options to clear Favourites/Recent/Shortcuts & Avoid Areas.

Website

anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: V2 Map Installer Reply with quote

Hi All,

Has anyone else noticed that you can install maps to the SD card in a reader without the ICN also being connected. Thumbs Up

Looking forward to using it tomorrow for real!

It looks the dogs now. Got post boxes and ATM's shown as well. :D

Website

ICNman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Well done. Reply with quote

anglefire wrote:

Goto Settings/User and there are the options to clear Favourites/Recent/Shortcuts & Avoid Areas.

Hey Anglefire you clever .

Maybe I should have waited at least a day before I sent Navman Newzealand an e-mail. Boy are they gona think I'm thick or what.

Thanks Anglefire and Kevmac I'm sure you'll get yours very soon.

Keep playing Fellas.

iCNman
paulj999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a problem with it causing my PC to reboot when uploading the maps to the unit. It would reach 14% and some times 32% and then reboot causing the "windows has recovered from a serious error" when it came back up and "A device driver caused this error". I finally got all the UK loaded but it took about an hour due to the reboots. It seemed to be totally random. I had done a fresh install from the V2 Cd's as I had not reloaded V1 since I got XP.
I am looking forward to using it in anger on Monday.
anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chaps/Chapesses,

I've just got back from a 160mile round trip and I have to say the 3D map view is excellent!!! Thumbs Up You can see in front so much farther (I had the horizon just visible) that you can see what turnings are going to arrive so much earlier.

Also the re-calculation is blisteringly fast - quicker to cut in too, just a couple of seconds (I think!) and then it rips through the %. May have just been my journey of course, but very impressive.

I like some of the additional POI's too - post boxes, ATM etc. And with the better view, you can see them as you drive along too. :D

I've not had a problem with the maps yet - address entry has been no different in ease that the Navtech ones - slightly different way in the menu's but probably better.

Does anyone know if the M6 Toll is in Question Not had time to check yet Exclamation

I look forward to my trip to southern Bavaria in the summer. Now that will be a true test.

Oh yes, I thought we were promised waypoints, but see no way of entering them Question

All in all though and much improved package.

Website

kevmac YTY
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell, lads from Italy and Holland on this BBS have got their V2 upgrade CDs and I'm still waiting!
ICNman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Please read Reply with quote

kevmac YTY wrote:
Bloody hell, lads from Italy and Holland on this BBS have got their V2 upgrade CDs and I'm still waiting!

If I were you Kevmac, I'd go to the Navman Website and report this. Click on the invitation for the update and re-enter your KeyCode. It will then state that your'e Code has already been entered and displays a support link, go to that support link and let them know that you havn't got you'r CD's yet. You never know, your'e KeyCode might not have been accepted properly or something. Atleast this way, Navman will know that you are an iCN user and that you did try to register, if of course it didn't work in the first place.

Do this just to be on the safe side.

I registered twice, as my Keycode has a '0' in it, and it also looks like the letter O. So I wasn't sure if it was the number 0 or the letter O.

Regards

iCNman
kevmac YTY
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just done that, thanks ICNMAN.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: