Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT910 and traffic via phone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT910 and traffic via phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: TT910 and traffic via phone Reply with quote

I have a TT TMC receiver which I have decided to stop using, partly because it doesn't work (as mentioned many times on here) and partly because I use an iPod which cannot coexist with the TMC receiver. However, when I try to use my phone (an Orange SPV C500) to collect the traffic information I get the following error - "TomTom Traffic could not establish a wireless data connection, please check your mobile phone". This is despite the fact that the TT talks to the phone perfectly as a hands free unit. And yes I have ticked the advanced option in Bluetooth preferences to enable wireless data.
Anyone any suggestions ?

Tony
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, Is your phone correctly set up to use GPRS for internet connectivity? You should also check the phone compatability list over Here - Notice your phone isn't listed, this doesn't mean to say it won't work, but to get the full capability from the 910 I would consult the list prior to your next phone upgrade - Mike
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Tony, Is your phone correctly set up to use GPRS for internet connectivity? You should also check the phone compatability list over Here - Notice your phone isn't listed, this doesn't mean to say it won't work, but to get the full capability from the 910 I would consult the list prior to your next phone upgrade - Mike

Yes, it is set to GPRS. I am running an SPV C500. Now, the C600 is in the supported list and the C500 is almost identical to the C600, but not a current phone which is why it wouldn't be in the list. I think it ought to work.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the c500 been tested by TomTom then it would appear in the list, if its not been tested then its not in the list - nothing to do with it being a non current model. I have used the wifes c600 with the 910 and it works very well, never had access to a 500 though - Mike
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Had the c500 been tested by TomTom then it would appear in the list, if its not been tested then its not in the list - nothing to do with it being a non current model. I have used the wifes c600 with the 910 and it works very well, never had access to a 500 though - Mike

The C500 does appear in the list of phones when I do the setup. Subsequent to my previous email I have also now tried my Nokia N80 which likewise is listed but similarly failed. I have now tried three different bluetooth phones and all have failed. I must be missing something pretty obvious if other people are able to make this work.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: