Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Qstarz BT-Q818: 32 channel, 32 hour BT GPS review
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Qstarz BT-Q818: 32 channel, 32 hour BT GPS review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alncc1701
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Biniaz

The QstarZ BT-818 receiver seems to be the best on the market for Bluetooth receivers so far as I can find. I am no expert on receivers but am thinking of getting this one soon as I can because of what I have heard about it. It can get a signal indoors and does not need an external antenna because it is so good at reception they say.

Of course whether it will work with your setup or not I don't know but it probably will.

A review of it here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/qstarz-btq818-gps-review.php

You can only get it via ebay at the moment I believe at:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Double-32-Channel-Bluetooth-GPS-Receiver-TOMTOM-NAV-SAT_W0QQitemZ220082087556QQihZ012QQcategoryZ75327QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Highest Standard Ultimate Ltd UK
CS Dept. MS. Song
Flat 406E, 119 Alexandra Road, PL4 7DU, Plymouth, Devon, UK
Phone: +44 (0)79 21 38 31 93 Weekly 0900AM-0100PM
Fax: +44 (0)1752 42 55 70 (Landline is using for Fax Machine)
Company Number in UK:6002506

www.qstarz.com

Al
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read on This forum that the Q818 is not too good for pedestrian use ..has anyone used this receiver running MM on an ipaq wm2003 and if so were there any problems ??
Thanks.

Dave
neoshi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is well-known that MTK chipsets are not the best for pedestrian use. If you prefer to use the GPS device for walking/hiking, you should probably look into the Globalsat 338 or 359 devices, as they utilize the Sirf III chipsets. MTK chipsets are best utilized on the road and for endurance runs.
AllyCat
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, and that sounds like good advice (I don't have any experience of the MTK chipsets myself).

However, not all SiRF3 chips (or to be precise their firmware) are the same, as has become apparent in this thread.

Cheers, Alan.
Memory Map (v5.4.2 & v5.1.3 OS & Euro), GPS gate,OSGPSconverter.
garre
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Qstarz bt818 based on this review and managed to find someone UK based on ebay and basically cost me 40 quid. I have a nokia n73 (Music Edition, the black one. On Orange network)
Firmware

V3.0704.1.0.1
19-01-2007
RM-133
(Running tomtom 6 with maps v6.50)

Charged the device until the battery light flashed and put it in the living room window, started up tomtom and within about a minute it had a fix and was showing full status on the sat bar.

Right, next test, in the car. I put it on the dash and booted up tomtom again, waited around 20ish seconds and it had a fix. Planned in a route and off I went.

So far I have only had connection problems whilst it was on the dash during the first couple of days, not sure why it just says something like "no connection" and this has only happened on a planned route.

However, it will regain connection before the next turn or whatever meaning it has not actually got me lost.

I have placed it in a different location (Civic 96 in the gully under the handbrake) and it has been there for about 4 days now and I have had no problems whatever like I described earlier.

I am really pleased with this gps reciever although I can't compare it to anything else, it is pretty damn good. Looks good, auto on/off and have had no problems really at all with it, good solid design and very reasonable price.

Just saying my bit really but great review, great bit of kit and to anyone with a n73 all I can say is get the latest firmware and try it.
ddaddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, as the last post in this thread was in July, could you tell me if this is still the latest/best reciever to buy?

Or has it been superceded by something better now?

Thanks
Atasas
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the input! I cant help , but to notice- good old topic kind of got old!?
I know it's not of a very best pressing issue at moment (as it all moved quite a bit forward), but today- I do need of honest advice/recommendation on issue...
I do have Sony ericsson M600i and looking around for decent compatable GPS Receiver with not too much of success...
some constructive/experience advice would be very much appreciated!
Thanks!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: