Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - VMNavigation 6.5.4 DVD
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

VMNavigation 6.5.4 DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bootes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: VMNavigation 6.5.4 DVD Reply with quote

Firstly, Hi to everyone. Razz

Secondly, I have just bought a reconned x950 on (dare i say it) e-bay.
It's in mint condition and all the leads and mount were in the box but no navigation 6 dvd. Version on sat nav is 6.5.4 . Anyone know where I could get said dvd from. tnx for any help.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean navigation 7? Otherwise don't understand the reference to 6 if you've already got 6.5.4 (but might in the morning Confused )

And if you do mean 7 then I don't hold out much hope.

Have you asked the ebay seller? Is there anything in the advert or photo which may give you some claim for missing or misleadingly described items? (I've had a quick look at the completeed sales but can't tell which one it is).
Bootes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BigPerk,

I think I probably mean Navigation 5 DVD. As it's an x950 it was probably supplied by the manufacturer with ver. 5 installed and a ver.5 dvd and has been updated to 6.5 since. So I need a ver.5 dvd for my PC and can then update to ver6. on PC. 'cos at present I can't update POI's and camera's.
Any help to locate dvd would be very helpfull. Embarassed

As to e-bay seller THG group Ltd have had reply from them and they said "that it does not come with dvd, only what was stated in advert text and picture". Which is no more than I expected really. ( they still have some X950's for sale at £34 (ish)). A bit of bad avertising really as they do state that the sat nav is updatable (though it's not, because they do not supply DVD)
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As well as saying it's updatable (which, as you say, it isn't), and including all the blurb from VM, their ad explicitly link to the VM site ("Portable navigation with thousands of useful Points of interest") which QUITE CLEARLY says that a DVD is part of the 'pack contents'. I'd suggest another go at them about misadvertising and 'not fit for purpose'. As a company they are just as legally liable through ebay as normal online retailing (see "http://pages.ebay.co.uk/consumer-rights/consumer-rights.html").

Have you provided feedback yet? If not it might be worth threatening to go into the dispute process if they persist in leaving you with unmerchantable goods. (Even if you have done feedback, that ought not prevent you from starting it on the basis that it took a day or so to find out the contents were short - check ebay).

If you can't face this hassle, I guess you can only keep looking at ebay for a DVD, or hope someone on here can help, but I have a feeling that DVDs are 'keyed' to a specific unit and are not 'transferable'.

As a last resort, try and contact VM themselves, just in case they've got somethiing gathering dust in their basement (it's quite an old unit).

Anyone else got any advice - am I being too pessimistic here?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: