Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Voice Utility Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Voice Utility Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would like to use the voice warning feature on camera manager. What is the mechanism for making a donation to enable this feature?

I believe there is a PayPal button on the software.
craigsmith
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiggis wrote:
philpugh wrote:
ILoveSatNav wrote:
do you know what the latest version number of Ash's software you get when donating?

It's actually the same version - but if you donate you get to use the options that are 'greyed' out in the free download.

Hi there. I donated, but the options to enable voice are still greyed out? How do I fix this? I am happy to forward my PayPal receipt to prove that I did donate.

I've donated too and everything is still greyed out. |Is there an unlock code or something?
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigsmith wrote:
wiggis wrote:
philpugh wrote:
ILoveSatNav wrote:
do you know what the latest version number of Ash's software you get when donating?

It's actually the same version - but if you donate you get to use the options that are 'greyed' out in the free download.

Hi there. I donated, but the options to enable voice are still greyed out? How do I fix this? I am happy to forward my PayPal receipt to prove that I did donate.

I've donated too and everything is still greyed out. |Is there an unlock code or something?

Once Ash has got your donation then he emails you instructions - perhaps he is on hols at present?
ahd71
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Does anybody (ash?) know something about the first part of the .vpn-file s internal format (that splits into _000.wav in the excellent util ash wrote)? It's obviously includes information about how to link the varios audio segments and perhaps the name in some encoded form. What I want is to be able to change the name which displays in the unit when choosing language, to have a couple of variants of the same language. I can't take the other language files as they includes a different number of samples in wrong order.

BR / Ahd71
george_the_disco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought but can someone change "recalculating" to a Homer Simpson "D'oh!"

I've no idea where to get a "D'oh" from!

GTD
niagarabeech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Voice Files Reply with quote

It would be nice if someone could upload a modified voices file for us to try.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

george_the_disco wrote:

Quote:
Just a thought but can someone change "recalculating" to a Homer Simpson "D'oh!"

On my meanderings through the topics I have seen references to Homer voices being available, though I didn't pay a lot of attention to them myself. There is a thread "voices" which mentions a site, and somewhere else someone said they had downloaded Homer voices.
HySeeker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ust a thought but can someone change "recalculating" to a Homer Simpson "D'oh!"

I've no idea where to get a "D'oh" from!

Try here for Star Trek http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Show/3961/trek.html
or here fo D'oh and other cartoon sounds eg "HaHa" from Nelson
http://simplythebest.net/sounds/WAV/cartoon_wavs_2.html

I have downloaded them and replaced some of the vpm files, but not got it working yet.
Has anyone posted a successful s"silent" US-EN navigation file? I cannot find one.
mike170469
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Ash10's Voice Utility Software NEW! Reply with quote

Hi I'm new to this form stuff
just tryed the Voice software it split ok
but when I joint it back and put on my Nuvi 300
It said the first instruction the blanked out

can you tell me what I've done wrong

Thanks
MIKE Confused
tazmantic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi new here and was asking about the volume on the nuvi 660FM and was directed here and glad i was found it very usefull, had a play and it looks like setting volume to 99 is prob the loudest. I tryed 120 and it would not read it and also tryed 9F and this was very very quiet also when I tryed BF it didnt read it either.Just one question well for now anyway..Laughing Out Loud, can the volume of the none TTS voice be modded so its louder??

Thanks
Cloggy_in_Ireland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saving my own voice files, used voice utility to merge them backinto the vpm file, but after copying the vpm file back to my Nuvi250 it crashes as soon as it starts to speak. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
mawidiga
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can get some Australian vpm voice files that I can add to my I3
cardiff_gareth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible for more experianced users to compile a list of voices they have made so that the less experianced users, like myself could then copy or pay for then so we can just put in in the voices file in the Garmin ?

Just an idea as I don't think I'm going to be capable to make these fiels etc ??
mikester39
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: "no destination sound samples have been specified" Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been covered - I did see this question asked, but could not locate a solution.

I downloaded the software and pointed to my English_American.vpm file - however there is nothing that I can put in the "sound samples" box (via browsing) to get it to accept anything. It's looking for a .wav file and even if I put a .wav file in a desktop folder, it doesn't see it.

I am comfortable with the rest of the solution and how to implement new sounds/voices, but I can't get past this phase.

Any help would be appreciated.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahd71 wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody (ash?) know something about the first part of the .vpn-file s internal format (that splits into _000.wav in the excellent util ash wrote)? It's obviously includes information about how to link the varios audio segments and perhaps the name in some encoded form. What I want is to be able to change the name which displays in the unit when choosing language, to have a couple of variants of the same language. I can't take the other language files as they includes a different number of samples in wrong order.

BR / Ahd71

it's a 'table of contents' but i don't think it contains the written instructions?! it's a voice file afterall Wink

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 6 of 15

Jump to: