Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What version TomTom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What version TomTom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
private4587
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: What version TomTom Reply with quote

Could any one tell the latest version of TomTom Navigator that will work with my Plam Tungsten T3, I have a stand alone GPS.
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Private4587

If you check the TomTom website you will find that they do not reccommend TT6 for your Palm. However, that's not to say it won't work. I'm sure others on here will be able to say if your Palm will work okay with TT6. Which leaves you with TT5. Which I think should work.

Howard
Active Synch 4.5
MohairSofa Calendar+Today Plug-in Ver.2.5.2
Softwinter Storage Tools Ver.2.0 ppc 420
Pocket Informant 9.01 build2390
Sprite Back up Ver 6.5.4 build 16
DougUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: TTN6 on a Palm Tunsgten T3 Reply with quote

I have TTN6 running fine on my Palm T3.

TomTom Home doesn't recognise the Palm per se, but will install fine to the SD Card via a card reader. I've noticed no problems with performance either. Route generation is fast (light years ahead of MapSonic which I had before) and there is no perceptable lag when on the move.
private4587
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: TT6 on Palm T3 Reply with quote

I have tried to install to my SD card but when attempting to run I keep getting fatal errors. Any idea what I am doing wrong. Should I just stay with version 5 or are improvements that much worhwhile.
DougUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you have AppSlipRotate and StatusBarLib installed (the fix to allow the full screen to be used).

Before downgrading, you might want to try backing up your Palm, then installing only TTN6 (and the above two PRCs) and see if you still get fatal errors. If you don't then start adding one app at a time - could be some sort of conflict.

If you still get fatal errors with a clean Palm, then it might be your SD card. If you have the opportunity to try another one, then this might help you eliminate the cause.

Like I said, I have TTN6 working fine on my Palm T3 and it's one of the few apps where I haven't had a fatal exception.

Ah - one more thing to try (possibly the first thing if you are using a bluetooth GPS) - I remember when I used MapSonic I would get regular fatal exceptions when connecting to a bluetooth GPS. A workaround was to delete the bluetooth pairing, and then it would work (the next time only). A permanent solution is to delete the bluetooth cache, which apparently had become corrupt. I can't remember it's exact name as I have conveniently mislaid my T3 today.

Good luck!
Doug
7272Andy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my mind I'm not totally convinced that the "improvements" are worth the upgrade, although having the more up-to date map is.

Just to let you know I'm running TT v6.010 and UK & ROI map v660. I have had no problems with it so far (although the scrolling when on the move, with all POIs disabled, is not as smooth as TT v5 was).

I'm willing to give you a hand getting set-up if I can.

Oh, and Welcome to the forums by the way Thumbs Up
private4587
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: TT6 On Palm T3 Reply with quote

Thanks for all your assistance but have decided to stickwith my version but have got the latest maps working with this so again many thanks.
Nobber
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I've got a C600 and am trying to install tt6, it won't let me install to the device as there is not enough memory but when I choose install to storage card it sstats then fails at about 50%

any ideas

thanks
Nobber
Nobber
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi any help please ie will navigator 6 run on my c600 or 6.01 6.???

thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: