Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New version of Google Maps Mobile released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New version of Google Maps Mobile released
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it doesn't although I am sure that will be added at some point in the future, you could use another application in conjunction with the program to warn of cameras but this requires splitting the GPS port between two applications (Fransons GPS Gate is a good app for this) - not tried speed cameras ICW Google on the PPC yet, something for the weekend to mess around with I think - Mike
Earthworm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Not connecting to GPS (Globalsat bt338) on tytn WM05 ppc Reply with quote

Not had any luck getting the gps tracking working on my HTC TyTN PPC. I select "track location (GPS)" setting from the menu then I just get the "your receiver does not seem to be responding" error message. The annoying thing is that later in the message it starts to give trouble shooting advice. However, the bit of interest just reads "If you have a bluetooth receiver" (which I have) "the 'GPS hardware port' setting How can I improve GPS reception?" WHAT?? How can google release such poorly finished software with such serious typos! I have a bluetooth GPS so what exactly do I have to do in the 'GPS hardware port' setting? can someone else tell me if google can't?
p800
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To use your BT GPS unit on your Tytn, go to - Settings, Connections, GPS and select the hardware tab. You then select the port that you set your BT GPS unit up with. The baud rate will depend on the individual BT GPS unit.

Hey Presto :D
Earthworm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, but my BT GPS is connnected by, you guessed it, bluetooth. You cannot set the hardware port to the same number as that used by the serial bluetooth connection. Has anyone got their BT GPS working with Google earth mobile? I have about 5 different GPS aps that quite happily accept GPS data from my GPS but not Google Earth. I mean, why is there not a setting in the google app where you specify what port number the bluetooth GPS receiver is connected to? Very odd.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google Maps Mobile expect an internal GPS or an external receiver that is controlled by that dreadful Microsoft GPS applet. If your other applications work through that ten GMM will too.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Earthworm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right. I know what you mean about that microsoft proggy. Caused nothing but problems. I'm now using Franson GpsGate to share my GPS connection between my various apps. I guess that I can't use Google maps to track myself then. Hopefully, Google will realise the error of their ways and not make their program reliant on MS's buggy GPS settings in future versions!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just been playing around with this application again (version 2,2,0,20) and quite a few surprises are now available, for a start it can estimate your current position using the phone signal and beacons giving a poor estimate of current location without even starting the GPS on the device.
And Traffic information from the Highways Agency can also be displayed on the map when using map mode or aerial photos - brings a whole new dimension to using this application in the UK - I can see the data connection getting an even larger hammering next week! - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: