Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Cams - MTC Format (With Heading) Now Available!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Cams - MTC Format (With Heading) Now Available!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Speed Cams - MTC Format (With Heading) Now Available! Reply with quote

Guys, Girls, Ladies and Gentlemen.

The time has come where PocketGPSWorld.com are making full use of the heading data and you lucky people are the ones who get to try it out!

The latest version of the database, 5.014, is the first public release of the PGPSW database that is ready made as an MTC file so you no longer need to create your own from the ASC files.

Simply select the sat-nav system of 'MioMap CE' and then download the 'UK - MioMap V3 (beta)' MTC file. We have made use of sallyann's software and are incredibly grateful for her help over the last month or so as well as to all those who have helped out in various ways.

Installation instructions can be found here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-mio.php

Please bear in mind hat some of the heading info may not be up to date or even present so please do submit it in the usual way on the camera submission page or if you have a huge list that would take too long to manually input then just drop me a PM and I'll give you the email address to send them too.

Cheers, and enjoy!

MaFt

Last edited by MaFt on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
The time has come where PocketGPSWorld.com are making full use of the heading data and you lucky people are the ones who get to try it out!

I’m not jealous, well not much! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Laughing Wink

Seriously, congratulations to all of you MTC users, especially to sallyann who has put an enormous effort into this project. Please try it out and let us know how it goes. If the headings are incorrect, or if they don’t exist, for a site then please send in updates.

If it works then please, please, please let us know. You never know other SatNav producers may take the hint and also make use of heading data! Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
You never know other SatNav producers may take the hint and also make use of heading data!

here's hoping...!!!
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download looks good to me, except that 6571 STILL Rolling Eyes shows as 50mph instead of 40.
I notice that the zip file includes a copy of the .asc file as well as the .mtc. Is that intentional?

Sal
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i thought it might be good for people to see the camera numbers and heading info.

as for 6571, that's a mobile camera at 60mph on the A30...

MaFt

ps - any chance you could send me a screenshot of the mtc file in action?

MaFt
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

as for 6571, that's a mobile camera at 60mph on the A30...

Sorry, I was going from memory. It's 9571, in a 40mph limit at Merton.

MaFt wrote:

ps - any chance you could send me a screenshot of the mtc file in action?

No problem in theory, I just need to think what to show. The good thing about directional info is when you don't get an alarm or display because the camera is in the other direction. You ought to get yourself a Mio!

Sal
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it show an arrow to say the direction or not? something with map showing an upcoming camera with an arrow showing camera direction maybe? or even just 2 pictures, one with a cam in right dorection and the other not and we can put some text saying 'visible warning but no audio when camera is not in direction of travel' - if it shows camera number then people can check? dunno... i'll leave it with you to decide!
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every camera shows as a basic icon on the map. If you are heading in the direction of capture you get an alarm. In any other direction, you don't. (Trevor posted the results of his work on the alarm 'beamwidth').
There is no arrow shown on the screen in normal operation, but if you manually enter a new camera you are offered a choice of directions that align with the road.

Sal
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say congratulations to Sally and PGPSW.
Its been a long time but I'm glad we got there in the end.
Dave
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, can I just say first a big thanks to all concerned for all their hard work,
my 510 has been in the cupboard for the last few weeks as I wasnt happy with the speedcams side of things. Now I am hoping that all will be well.

Now then, I have used bluetooth to install the new mtc file in the poi folder on the mio but on checking if the cams are on there I have found a few where I know they are there, but in certain areas they are not showing up at all but should do.

How big a file should the new one be? mines showing as 791kb.? is it just this file that should be installed on the mio?

Would it be better if I can try and get my head around the miotransfer hack method?

Any advice / instructions appreciated and thanks again, I used to enjoy using the mio apart from the cams
Rolling Eyes

Regards....Dil
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dil,
That sounds the right size file.
There is no difference in the two file transfer methods except the Transfer Hack is VERY much quicker.
The downloaded zip file also has a .ASC list of cameras. You can open this with Notepad and search for any 'missing' cameras there. If you find them in the .ASC file but not in the .MTC one then please let me know.

Sal
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sal, I will have a looksee, will also check out the transfer hack, probably makes more sense to use that.

Thanks again....Dil
Dr_StrangeTrick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, when I use the MioMap v3 I get the safety cameras shown and the alerts change if I am speeding etc but I have one problem I cant figure out.

All of the camera show with Kmph speeds and not Mph Confused if I am driving down a 40Mph road and there is a safety camera it will show as 64 for the speed. The strangest thing is if I am doing say 39Mph I just get the normal blip, blip etc but if I am doing say 42Mph then it goes crazy.

So it appears that the software know the limit is 40Mph but I just cant figure why it shows as 64 all of my units are set to Mph Question
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kph display is a known problem and discussed on several previous threads.
The "goes crazy" bit is the extra alarm you get if you exceed the limit for the camera.

Sal
Dr_StrangeTrick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sallyann at least I know its not me now

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: