Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go 910 Handsfree Internal Speaker Only.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go 910 Handsfree Internal Speaker Only.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andypenn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Go 910 Handsfree Internal Speaker Only. Reply with quote

Hi All
I have connected MY GO910 to my ICE via the ext speaker socket but cannot get the Handsfree to play from the radio it will only come from the 910 is this correct?.

MP3's and navi is ok from radio but Handsfree still comes from the internal speaker.

Any sugestions.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, what you have found is quite normal, the 910 will only play phone hands free through the actual device speaker, all other audio can be routed through the car deck except phone calls - Mike
andypenn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks for that quick reply, Do you think it is worth asking TOMTOM to add the feature to allow handsfree via the external speaker as I find it a bit quiet in the van when at speed, you can always turn the radio up a bit more.

Cheers
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are adding an accessory that does say you can route the audio through the car stereo its called Car Connect, no information on prices or when they will launch to market with it - Mike

Quote:
With TomTom Car Connect you can wirelessly play mp3s*, relay phone calls and navigation instructions through the car stereo, as well as automatically switch from day to night view when you turn on the headlights.
Built-in behind the dashboard, TomTom Car Connect gives you invisible integration between your TomTom and your car.
andrewcrane
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Go 910 Handsfree Internal Speaker Only. Reply with quote

andypenn wrote:
Hi All
I have connected MY GO910 to my ICE via the ext speaker socket but cannot get the Handsfree to play from the radio it will only come from the 910 is this correct?.

MP3's and navi is ok from radio but Handsfree still comes from the internal speaker.

Any sugestions.

I've been playing with this problem this evening. I think you can solve your problem by dropping a blank file into the visible root of the tomtom called /mnt/sdcard/enable_lineout_hands_free

I haven't fully tested it, but it will certainly pipe the audio of a phone call to the line-out jack of my 910.

Regards
Andrew
andrewcrane
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Go 910 Handsfree Internal Speaker Only. Reply with quote

andrewcrane wrote:

I haven't fully tested it, but it will certainly pipe the audio of a phone call to the line-out jack of my 910.

Woops the filename was meant to read enable_lineout_hands_free

locate the tomtom under "my computer" and create a new file in the tomtom drive. Make sure it doesn't have ".txt" at the end and the filename is case-sensitive.

Regards
Andrew
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Go 910 Handsfree Internal Speaker Only. Reply with quote

andrewcrane wrote:
enable_lineout_hands_free
Andrew, Welcome to the forum, nice find - this works a treat having tested it with my unit, no feedback and nice clear audio through the car system when using the phone Laughing

In addition doing this slight modification also enables the Makayama Video player audio to route through the car system which it never did previously - Cheers - Mike
kalvin928s4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: line out on p910 Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Just to confirm that the file is placed in the tomtom main drive( not a folder within the drive?)and new txt file is produced called enable_lineout_hands_free and making sure the wording txt is not placed at the end???

This will be most valuable if it works.

many thx
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, create the file in note pad, use save as then use Windows Explorer to rename the file, simply delete the .txt file extension, OK to the windows warning and then copy the file to the root directory of the device and enjoy, it certainly works - Mike
Scotty-uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Go 910 Handsfree Internal Speaker Only. Reply with quote

andrewcrane wrote:
andypenn wrote:
Hi All

Any sugestions.

I've been playing with this problem this evening. I think you can solve your problem by dropping a blank file into the visible root of the tomtom called /mnt/sdcard/enable_lineout_hands_free

Regards
Andrew

Andrew,

Many thanks for this. It completes the missing part of the jigsaw for me as far as handsfree goes. I spend too much time leaning forward trying to hear out of the 910 speaker even though it's set to max. It's only a problem on fast roads but engine/exhaust and road noise at speed make it nearly useless.

Your tweak works so well. I added the file and stuck it in the car. I dialled the speaking clock and was instantly deafened as I hadn't turned the phone sound down! Rolling Eyes Laughing

How did you find this? It's obviously not something you can guess at. Was this discovered from people who have got the new FM dock ?

In my opinion TomTom should add that file on to everyones TomTom the next time they do a software release. Why the hell shouldn't the voice be piped thru the line out. If they advertise this enhancement then people could always turn it off if they wanted to. I don't get why they keep it secret. By letting people such as me know I become a happier customer and therefore more likely to buy from them again.

Anyway many thanks again. Thumbs Up Clap
scoopjeff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you hook the cable to the car radio?? Id love to get this working. I was one of those fools that bought the new fm transmitter mounts only to find that its Sh*te!! Poor reception sound is really low i disapointed so i would love to hook this up to my car radio by a cable.

Regards
Scoop Confused Confused
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read of my post Here it details a few options depending upon what your vehicle is fitted with - Mike
westentertainer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lines between the text are they spaces ..can you tell me step by step the instructions this seems an excellent discovery ..would love to use it thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lines between the text are not spaces they are shift - which produces _
(the key combination is Shift and - which is on the top row of the keyboard between the 0 and = key).

Or you could highlight the actual text in the post then use copy/ paste to re-name your empty file Wink - Mike
scoopjeff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,
Great article mate thanks for the info, however still having no luck with the wireing on my car. Its a megane 2004 with a tuner list vdo head unit. It hasnt a aux out but does have a connector for a cd changer which i gather from reading other forums is a sort of aux out put in put. Just trying to figer out which is the cables to attach!! Failing this I may just get a external speaker for my Tomtom although trying to find one that will connect to cars 12v supply is proving even more tricky!!! As for the tomtom fm transmitter if anyone wanting info on saving money then dont buy this gadet as its pretty well useless! Volume on it is dreadful complete with interferance makes this a complete waiste of dosh. Still im hopeing that Tomtom can improve the software over time so im holding out a little bit longer. Anyone else who can provide info on this will be most welcome.

Kind Regards
Scoop Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: