Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fugawi - Importing extra icons
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fugawi - Importing extra icons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildwildcamper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Fugawi - Importing extra icons Reply with quote

Hi

Prog. - Fugawi UK V 3.1.0.473

Has anyone managed to import extra icons? - How did you do it please?

Extract from the user handbook -
"The import jpg button will import a group of images that have been geo-referenced by a Kodak GPS camera. The image is assigned to a new waypoint."- no further info

I created a simple image to a size of 16 x 16 and saved it as a jpg file.

Then in Fugawi I tried to use the import jpg button, all went well, navigate to the file, click ok, then... this brings up an error dialogue box/window with the message "Cannot find Kodak support Library".

What's this geo-referenced stuff all about?

How can I geo-reference my images?

I have tried to contact Fugawi, but still waiting for 'support' to get back to me.... which is where I need help from the guys on the ground please.

Thanks
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer to your question is that I dont think you can have custom waypoint icons in Fugawi.

I must confess that I havent tried to import the JPG files, but there are two places that you can do this. The first is from the main menu the second is from the waypoint dialogue.

From the Main Menu the JPG file that is being imported is supposed to be a Map.

From the Waypoint dialogue I think what it is trying to import is a georeferenced image, such as one produced from the Kodak Camera with a GPS device in it.

Georeferencing is where an image not only contains the graphic, but also has information relating to it's actual position. For a map this means that a number of known points are specified allowing the map to be used with a GPS. For a waypoint or Kodak picture this probably has the information about where the photo was taken embedded in the image.

You could achieve this by loading your digital images onto the computer and then using the link in the waypoint dialogue to create the association.

However I think this is not what you are looking for.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the post last night I did some extra investigation using FugawiUK and found this reference tucked away in the user help files:

Quote:
A user can create icons for use as waypoint markers and the current position.

Waypoint icons should be a .bmp image 28x28 pixels. The icon itself should be no larger than 24x24 within the image area. The lower left corner of the image will be taken as the transparent color.

A GPS position icon should be a .bmp image 65x65 pixels. The icon should point up. The center of the 65x65 area will be

Icons should be placed in the following directory:

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Fugawi\Icons

I created a quick icon simply by reducing a graphic of a mobile phone to the correct size and saving it as a bitmap in the specified directory. I then created a waypoint, edited the waypoint to change the icon to my new one which had appeared in the list.

This worked fine on the PC version but what about the PPC version? I quickly exported the Waypoint and lo and behold it also took the graphic over automatically.

The image to the left is a part of a screen dump taken from FugawiUK showing my custom icon.

I hope this helps you organising your waypoints better. If you want some bitmaps for Speed cams etc drop me a line and I will see if we can add a page of custom icons for you.
wildwildcamper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Fugawi - Importing extra icons Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Another GPS'r emailed the quote you found, and like you I found it successful Smile

Taking a look at the .bmp icons in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Fugawi\Icons, or, more correctly trying too, I tried several image editor progs and none of them could open them, they came up with something to the effect of that they weren’t a valid .bmp file. Never mind, I'm very please to say I can now use my own custom icons which was the aim of my initial question.

Another successful outcome Smile

Thanks for your help and support.

Steve
dastardly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Fugawi - Importing extra icons Reply with quote

wildwildcamper wrote:
I'm very please to say I can now use my own custom icons which was the aim of my initial question.

Yes, thanks for sorting that out. Thumbs Up I've got several thousand waypoints (!!) on Fugawi now, and it makes a hell of a difference being able to differenciate them.

I've found that I can just drop in the Icons which I've already designed for TT3 (making sure though that the edge colour is different from the 'wanted' colours).

Cheers,
John

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: