Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help: Loox 610 BT / Socket BT GPS / Copilot Live 4.0
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help: Loox 610 BT / Socket BT GPS / Copilot Live 4.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ste
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Help: Loox 610 BT / Socket BT GPS / Copilot Live 4.0 Reply with quote

Hi
I have a problem, any help / advice would be appreciated.

Set-up as follows:
Loox 610 BT, ROM=P22452-P929-V527, OS=Pocket PC 2003
Socket BT GPS Receiver
Copilot Live Pocket PC 4 V 4.0.4.105

Problem as follows:
BTGPS is paired/bonded with Loox, I can connect to reciever with serial port and Loox connects to it on serial port COM6. In Copilot, I have set the GPS connection to COM6 and baud rate 4800 (I have also tried other baud rates), and Copilot shows GPS COM port open, however does not / can not "see" the GPS signal - it sticks at "detecting GPS signal" and goes no further.

I have tested the GPS device connection on the Loox using the CruxView test programme, connecting on COM6 at baud rate 4800 and the test programme both connects and received the GPS signal with no problem.

I have also installed Copilot on my old Loox 600 running Pocket PC 2002 with the latest ROM update, and it connects on serial port COM5 and works with no problems other than the usual dropped BT connection problem that has been reported elsewhere in the forums.

Copilot technical support have not come across this problem before, and are being very helpful, but if anyone else on here has a solution or any idea what the problem might be I would be happy to hear from you.

Thanks.

Steve
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, my first suggestion was going to be try ALK support but you have already tried that.

In theory there shouldn't be any problems, AFAIK CoPilot is just talking to the BT stack to initiate the connection like CruxView or WinFast Navigator would. It then passes the baud rate through and protocol to talk to the GPS, so providing no other application is using the BT Manager then it should be okay.

One question I do have is, have you installed TomTom's GPS driver ? If so, this might be holding open the BT Stack. That's really the only other thing I can think of.

Have you gone into the GPS Status screen in CoPilot to see if you are getting any sat bars ?
ste
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave
Thanks for your quick reply:)
To answer your questions: No, I haven't installed the TomTom GPS driver, and in the GPS status screen no signal bars are showing at all - all I get is a tick against "GPS Com port opened", and then "detecting GPS signal" in blue, with no tick.
Possibly its a compatability problem between the Loox BT (Pocket Plugfree) drivers and Copilot - and if so other users should have experienced the same problem - would be good to hear if they have! Or my hardware is the problem & I need to have it exchanged asap!
Cheers,
Steve
ALK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Steve,

Many thanks for your posting. I would like to resolve your issue immediately and ask that you first confirm you have tried running a GPS AutoScan from within CoPilot. To do so, please turn on your GPS receiver, launch CoPilot, select tools/options/gps, and then tap 'AutoScan.' CoPilot should locate and automatically configure your receiver. Please let me know otherwise, and ALK's support team will investigate further.

Regards,
Dan

ALK Technologies Limited

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: