Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camera data download
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camera data download

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daviegarden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: speed camera data download Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to all this stuff. I've been given a Shinco 350S EU sat nav for xmas. It runs on WinCE 4.20 (0) with Destinator V5.7.5.27 on board. There is an SD card slot which is empty at the moment. When I switch the thing on I get a message saying that my speed camera database needs to be upgraded. Can I download any speed camera database and do I need the Destinator Console disk to do this (I did not get a console disk with the unit, apparemty it's optional, according to the book). I need help with this so any explicit instructions would be much appreciated. I have subscribed to Pocketgpsworld.com but I find it's a maze of forums and info but I din't know where to go on the site, help please.
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: speed camera data download Reply with quote

daviegarden wrote:
Hi, I'm new to all this stuff. I've been given a Shinco 350S EU sat nav for xmas. It runs on WinCE 4.20 (0) with Destinator V5.7.5.27 on board. There is an SD card slot which is empty at the moment. When I switch the thing on I get a message saying that my speed camera database needs to be upgraded. Can I download any speed camera database and do I need the Destinator Console disk to do this (I did not get a console disk with the unit, apparemty it's optional, according to the book). I need help with this so any explicit instructions would be much appreciated. I have subscribed to Pocketgpsworld.com but I find it's a maze of forums and info but I din't know where to go on the site, help please.

Sorry I don't know the answer, but if I make a post it will bump your question up to the top, and maybe someone with more knowledge will be able to help.

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor.dowle - No point in just "bumping" posts from a few hours ago! They will get seen anyway.

daviegarden - There aren't many Destinator experts around here, but there is a specific Destinator Forum and you really should try a few searches like
"Destinator cameras" or
"Destinator Console disk"
("Search" icon is at the top of the topic window - search for "ALL terms"

Loads of what seem like relevant posts such as
this thread

or this one

Looks like you need to find a download of that Console disk before you do much else, then do a bit of homework...
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topic moved to where it might get more advice - Mike
petercw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the instructions that came with the device, it will tell you how to do it. If you've lost them, or if they never arrived, then you need to go to www.tds-tr.com and register the device. You will need the serial number which is under the aerial flap on the device.

You will then be able to download a .zip file which will contain the drivers to connect the device to your pc, activesync, and software to update the camera locations. Also in the .zip file will be an instruction word document. Follow it and you should be up and running in no time.

Peter
bbkoz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find speedcameras for tom tom(i think that the tom tom database is better than destinator) and then convert them to destinator format with poiedit www.poiedit.com

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: