Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio P550 - all fixed now?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio P550 - all fixed now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timbellina
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Mio P550 - all fixed now? Reply with quote

Hi; apologies in advance if this one's covered regular and oft - I had a good look first.

I'm thinking of buying a Mio P550 - probably with Miomap 3, because I'll mainly use the GPS outside the UK.

BUT - all the comments and reviews I seem to see really seriously slate the GPS capability; and there's a note or two that Mitac acknowledged the problem sometime in August; since when, there's very little written about it.

Does anyone know if it's all sorted out now? Does anyone have one and love it like a brother? And if not - could anyone suggest a similarly priced / specced PDA?

Cheers;

Tim
rhayader_wanderer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of the originals that had to go back but the vendor replacement is working OK.

Does seem to lock up and need a soft reboot if you use the autolock function on switch on more then I would like and is for me very temperamental with autosynch.

Of the options available at the time I would buy again not sure if anything better is now out there

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: