Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Transystem i-Blue 737 GPS receiver user review
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Transystem i-Blue 737 GPS receiver user review
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daiashthomas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this could be achived by fitting the Nokia BL-6C its only 1mm-1.5mm thicker than the BL-5C
Minimo (firefox)
SNES Emulator
TomTom Navigator 5
ThinkNavi Car Cradle GPS Reciever
2Gb 120x SD Card
footman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely a great piece of kit! Sat alongside my BT338 on my desk it found a fix in half the time with twice as many sats.

The "sleep " function is also useful particularly for using with topo maps like memorymap.

No longer will I have to fiddle with the GPS unit to turn it on as well as turning on the pda.
evo3rs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Tomtom 6 Baud Rate settings Reply with quote

Sorry OT Laughing
Quick queston, please can someone confirm if 115200 bps baud rate is the correct setting for Tomtom Nav 6. TIA
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Default is 38400

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
evo3rs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
No. Default is 38400

Thanks a lot!. I will set it to 38400.
daiashthomas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered one from ebay less than 40 quid

i already have the higher capacity nokia battery (BL-6C) so i'll let you know if it fits and if there is much of an improvement

i know this battery make hell of a difference once fitted into the Nokia N-70 which comes shipped with the BL-5C
Minimo (firefox)
SNES Emulator
TomTom Navigator 5
ThinkNavi Car Cradle GPS Reciever
2Gb 120x SD Card
okk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did have an BT338 and the good thing about this GPS is that it did not jump away every ½ sec. on my tomtom like the TomTom-BT-GPSII do.
Does the BT-Q810 & 818 jump on the tomtom navigation ?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no jumping

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
laimtoh5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Keeps cutting out on n73 Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone else here uses the i-Blue 737 with Nokia n73 running tomtom mobile 6 - my setup works perfectly with a BT-77 GPS BT receiver, but the signal (I need to get someone to check if it's GPS or BT, not done that yet as it's very distracting to read small print whilst driving Embarassed ) cuts out every few minutes with the 737.

I updated the firmware about 2 months ago which fixed this problem on the n73 amongst others, I'd like to avoid having to do another firmware update if possible as the phone's running fine otherwise.
ms-uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: i-Blue 737+ Reply with quote

I just picked up one of these from Ebay for £35 delivered, and its WAY better in use than my old Fortuna Slim. Note its the + model, so it looks like it will last 32 hrs in constant use (not yet tested) and 320 / 360 hrs standby. Looking at the specs its a higher capacity battery, and a different chipset ("32" channels), and the premium over the std 737 is about £2. I get a fix indoors, in London, in a basement in less than a minute pretty much all the time. In the car its seconds

On a closing note, the auto on off is a dream. I travel a lot, and its so handy having the unit in a small pocket or laptop bag. Fire up Tomtom (or Smart2go) and I am "unlost" pretty quickly. 10/10, really impressed. :D
laimtoh5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTTT - has anyone else had their signals drop out frequently? I'm scuppered because, stupidly, I bought this fairly expensive item (I don't like to see £40 go down the drain ever) from a Hong Kong based ebay seller, and of course they insist that it be returned by insured post which although is understandable to avoid arguments over who damaged the goods when it arrives, also conveniently avoids any point in returning the item as faulty.

They also suggested a firmware upgrade but I cannot see why as my current GPS receiver works fine, and the bluetooth protocol is the same. More like goofy firmware on the GPS receiver really.

My second question is if they are so good, are there any UK sellers of this product? It's not the product, which everyone bar me seems to be pleased with, just the fact an overseas seller has prevented anyone returning faulty goods economically. I won't be buying anything over £15 delivered from ebayers abroad ever again and I would warn anyone thinking of buying one of these GPS units from Hong Kong (i.e.dgkit ebayer) to think hard before handing over your money; alternatively find a different unit sold in this country and you have a better chance of sorting it out.

Phil.
laimtoh5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK rather than edit my last post, it explains how I feel about the damn 737 right now Laughing , I've found the answer to the n73/737 dropout problem here

Quote:
Per our tests (5 tests) on Treo 650 (with Always On utility installed) and connected to the i-Blue PS-737 or Qstarz 818, both units will randomly get disconnected from the GPS Info program.

It may be connected for 10mins to 2 hrs before the GPS automatically gets disconnected. The manufacturer claimed to have fixed this problem but our recent shipments (in the last 15 days as of today) hasn't show any sign of improvement to this problem.

Hence, avoid i-Blue 737 or Qstarz 818 until we confirm that they have fully patched this problem.

(this confirms the 737 is similar in its chipset at least, to the 818)

And:

Quote:
Has anyone had any problems with dropout on the Bluetooth connection with the BT-Q818?

My Nokia N73 (updated to the v3 firmware) loses the connection with it every couple of minutes or so, and I've read elsewhere that some other devices have 'issues' with it (e.g. http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?p=1204066)?

Regards

TTMC

Quote:
*Qstarz BT-Q818/BT-Q810 is featured with Auto On-Off function (Sleeping mode) for power saving. However Nokia N73/E50 does not support Sleeping mode, so it may interrupt the Bluetooth connection when pairing with Qstarz BT-Q818/BT-Q810 GPS receiver. For Nokia N73/E50 user, please consult Nokia service center for latest firmware update.

I think I'll forget about this auto sleep malarky, total waste of time for me in fact as I was going to run continuous power from an unswitched, fused cig lighter socket in the boot where it had the power to receive strong signal but out of view. I'll look out for another that doesn't have sleep facility, the n73 is such a good phone I can forgive it this!

Still need a unit with a good signal pickup though, I'll keep reading here and check who's using one with an n73 before falling into the same trap again. In view of these problems, the manufacturer should test their product with every available item on the market at that time and not wait for the customers to do their technical research for them. It's no wonder they don't sell in the shops, can you imagine Dixons staff dealing with n73 owners (quite a few of us) and getting unsaleable seconds back? Think the 737 and Qsartz companies would go bust quickly.

Rant over, now I'm the wiser Smile

Phil
happyhkv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone here know a compatible bluetooth for N73 without the problems relating to 737.
hashwood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: any news? Reply with quote

Did Nokia fix the problem in current firmware ? I have an E50, is it compatible ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: