Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New POI's Made My Nuvi 300 Crash!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New POI's Made My Nuvi 300 Crash!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigant1986
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: New POI's Made My Nuvi 300 Crash! Reply with quote

after uploading the new pocketgpsworld POI's to my nuvi 300 it has now crashed, will not connect to the computer and shuts down at the 'loading maps' menu, with an external power source it wil freeze indefinately on the loading maps screen

anyone else experienced this?

or

can anyone help me out please?
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the reset button? The button is under the GPS flap on my 360.

Which selection of POIs did you use?

Richard
bigant1986
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i've tried that, theres nothing else i can do now, guess i'll just have to send it back to garmin! what a time of year for this to happen, unless anyone has any info?
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which POI sets did you try to install. This may be a data related problem as we have loaded onto Nuvis and i3 systems while testing with no problems.

What version of Garmin Software/Maps are you running? What version of the POILoader did you use?

Have you tried to connect the Nuvi to your computer with the USB cable and then just download a single POI file?
leehenty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had the same problem with my Nuvi 310D. Am using the latest Nuvi software and POI loader. After loading the New POI's along with the speed camera database, disconnect the Nuvi from my machine and then the Nuvi will not boot past the loading maps screen.

Using reset and also going back to factory settings still will not allow the Nuvi to boot past this part of the screen. The only way to keep it on that part of the screen is to put the USB cable in otherwise it turns itself off.

PC will not find the Nuvi at all and hence I cannot add a reduced set to the machine so that I can get to clearing them off.
benjones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 660 has just done the same. Is there a fix or have I got to take this back to Halfords?

What an ar*e.
darrellevans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have loaded POI's on my Nuvi 350 and cannot get past the 'loading maps...' not far enough for my computer to recognise the any drives .. Can someone please help.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darrellevans wrote:
I have loaded POI's on my Nuvi 350 and cannot get past the 'loading maps...' not far enough for my computer to recognise the any drives .. Can someone please help.

if you turn on the device and keep a finger pressed at the bottom left corner of the screen it will let you load in diagnostics mode.

at this point you should be able to access the device as a removable storage device via the pc.

MaFt
afterall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Give it time Reply with quote

Regarding the freeze on boot up, I thought same had happened to my Nuvi 310d as it also got stuch on the loading maps page.

I left it and it did boot up OK after about a 2 - 3 minute delay. I would suggest that you leave it be whilst booting and see if it sorts itself out.

Subsequent boot ups have been OK.

A
bigant1986
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, mine froze, wouldn't connect to pc, wouldn't boot, even in pre-boot diagnostic mode, wouldn't boot, would get to same screen after that process and freeze, took it back to halfords before new year and STILL isn't back yet, this is annoying! next time, i'm gonna upload the POI's and Cam's onto a SD Card so i can remove it if i have any booting problems!
bfc1912
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing seems to have happened on my 610 affter loading POI for first time. When booting without power device just gets to boot up screen and powers off. With a power device it just holds on the boot up screen.

Have done reset several times and even tried to run diagnostic but no success.
Mr_Big
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Folks,

I should read the current threads more often. I've just killed my Nuvi 310d also after trying to add loads of POI's from this website. There is definately a major issue here and a warnig should be given to anyone before trying to update their systems.
Knowing my luck, this was in big flashing lights but in the excitement I went blind.
bigant1986
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, my nuvi 300 was with halfords and garmin for 3 weeks when they'd quoted me 7-10 days for a repair, after ringing several times and been given a different story all the time halfords offered me an exchange free of charge as they didnt have any 300's in stock, they offered me a nuvi 310d or a streetpilot c510 deluxe, i took the later, full euro mapping and fm traffic reciever free of charge? can't go wrong.

Also, i can confirm after loading the speed camera database to the device and loading the PocketGPSWorld POI's to a SD CARD...........I have had no problems............yet Laughing Out Loud.
cymro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leehenty wrote:
Just had the same problem with my Nuvi 310D. Am using the latest Nuvi software and POI loader. After loading the New POI's along with the speed camera database, disconnect the Nuvi from my machine and then the Nuvi will not boot past the loading maps screen.

Using reset and also going back to factory settings still will not allow the Nuvi to boot past this part of the screen. The only way to keep it on that part of the screen is to put the USB cable in otherwise it turns itself off.

PC will not find the Nuvi at all and hence I cannot add a reduced set to the machine so that I can get to clearing them off.

Exactly the came problem on my 1 day old Nuvi 300.I have tried the diagnostics but still nothing. Has anyone any more ideas please.
dellk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one here.

My 3 month old Nuvi 660 (with latest V3.2 firmware) died when I added the full dynamic POI database to it from here.

Like the rest, it just hangs on the "loading maps" screen on charge and if it's on battery power, hangs on "loading maps" for a couple of mins before shutting down - this is with a full battery. I have no MP3's, Audio Books or pictures saved, so it's not a memory thing.

Reset button on the back made no difference.

Maintenance mode is accessable, but even after clearing user data and user waypoints, still no joy when restarting

It of course does boot far enough for the computer to see the Nuvi as a drive and so therefore unable to reflash the firmware or remove anything.

Took it back to Halfords who exchanged it for another (which is a result, as the 3 months free Cyclops database was coming to an end this month and now I have another 3 months, Laughing Out Loud).

Jesting aside, a warning needs to be palced with the Dynamic POI, if only for Garmin Nuvi users.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: