Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom 6 Maps Not Found - Dell Axim X5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom 6 Maps Not Found - Dell Axim X5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nonny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Tomtom 6 Maps Not Found - Dell Axim X5 Reply with quote

Just loaded up Tomtom Navigator 6 on my Dell Axim X5 (upgraded from Tomtom 5)and it says that it cannot find any maps even thought they are loaded. I've read on other sites that this is because Tomtom 6 looks for the maps on the built in storage rather than looking for them on the SD card, but I have been ubale to find a fix for this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean that you installed TT Home, downloaded V6 app, at least one map and the voices?

If so, simply choose where on your PDA you want to install the application (SD or CF card) and install at least one voice to the same place.

Then you install the map, ideally with a card reader - its much faster.

When you start the new app (autostarts when the card is inserted) it automatically removes the old version and configures the V6. When it finds the map it displays the device code (which appears to be different to the TTN5 one). Go to ttcodes.com and it knows you have bought the new map and gives you an activation code.

TT Home will not remove TTN5 and I don't think the upgrade will work if you do remove it - this is done by the V6 install.
schneid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, keep TT Nav 5 as you will want it if you give up on TT Nav 6 like I did. On my US/Canada DVD all the maps would not install and/or activate. Just rename the Navigator directory to some thing else. Nav 6 won't even know it is there.

As for your "map not found error" I think it is a bug. I would experience it when I would try to backup the maps to another SD Card or install different maps on different cards. Nav 6 would not see the maps on the backup cards and if I used one of the alterate cards, Nav 6 would no longer see the maps on the original card. Only one card with one install worked for me.

You should try to install directly to the card via a reader. This seems to set up the card as if you purchased NAN 6 via card directly from TT. When inserted it will automatically install and start Nav 6 and give you the opportunity to try to activate the maps.

As I couldn't use all the maps I paid for and TT did not have a solution, I sent Nav 6 back. I think it is buggy and they need a few months to fix it.

You then have to do some manual dragging and dropping if you want TT to run from the SD card and use your old schemes and voices. Itineraries are automatically migrated.

My experience is that Nav 5 will only see Nav 5 maps and Nav 6 will only see Nav 6 maps
Nonny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenglide wrote:
Does this mean that you installed TT Home, downloaded V6 app, at least one map and the voices?

If so, simply choose where on your PDA you want to install the application (SD or CF card) and install at least one voice to the same place.

When you start the new app (autostarts when the card is inserted) it automatically removes the old version and configures the V6. When it finds the map it displays the device code (which appears to be different to the TTN5 one). Go to ttcodes.com and it knows you have bought the new map and gives you an activation code.

TT Home will not remove TTN5 and I don't think the upgrade will work if you do remove it - this is done by the V6 install.

No, I bought the new map of GB and ROI v6.6 on a disc from a friend who has traded up to a different system, so I cannot use Tomtom Home to install it. I can copy the map files to the SD card OK, Tomtom Home recognises that a new map is present on my device, but when I try to switch to the new map it does not appear in the list on my device.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the disk you are installing from a genuine TomTom disk or not? and was it supplied with a product code plastic card? if not I would consider returning it to your friend - Mike
korndog
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nonny wrote:
Greenglide wrote:

No, I bought the new map of GB and ROI v6.6 on a disc from a friend who has traded up to a different system, so I cannot use Tomtom Home to install it. I can copy the map files to the SD card OK, Tomtom Home recognises that a new map is present on my device, but when I try to switch to the new map it does not appear in the list on my device.

Probably what is happening is that you haven't actually installed TomTom6 on your PDA, although you think you have, and it's TT5 that is trying to find the map and obviously will not work with TT6 maps.
I'm having a similar problem with a friends Dell axim5 that just will not recognise TT6 at all. I think it might be because it's running Pocket Windows 2002.

TomTom Go 600
smileynick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The solution to the maps not found can be found here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=50187

:D :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: