Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - please help - vauxhall sat nav - speed camera poi's ?????
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

please help - vauxhall sat nav - speed camera poi's ?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: please help - vauxhall sat nav - speed camera poi's ????? Reply with quote

hi,
im new to all this, and have spent the last 10 years driving and reading maps!
i think sat nav is one of those things that you dont miss if you have never had it, but ive got it in my new car and now, 2 weeks later i couldnt do without it!

my new car is a vauxhall vectra estate with navman cd 70 color monitor sat nav.

the question is :-
as it uses cd to run can i download an updated or hacked version with speed camera poi's ?
also it dosent give me the option to enter a post code ?

any info would be appreciated

barks
Wink
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CD70 is a decent nav system, I have used it a number of times in hire cars, unfortunatly even if you managed to "cook" your own CD and get the device to run with POI's added to the disk it has no capability to warn of a camera location.
All it can do is navigate to POI, great to find a petrol station, but useless for camera warnings. (I tried this and got nowhere).

The Postcode option on this device will support the first few digits, after that you have to refine the search by scrolling through the road options it presents, to be honest I find (found) it easier to enter the whole lot from scratch each time, the predictive text the unit uses is very good at limitting the selections made available to the user.

The one BIG PLUS point is the TMC data, I have never yet found a location in the UK where it doesn't work, its superb in use - far better than any other TMC device I have ever tried to be honest, so used correctly you shouldn't get stuck in a traffic jam - Mike
barks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info mike,
it does work very well indeed, its just a shame they didnt include the camera poi's.
now i have realised that i dont know weather to sell my hp ipaq rz 1710 gps ?
i also have a new road angel.

can you post stuff for sale on this site or should i stick to ebay?
regards
barks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can post things for sale that are sat nav related HERE - it looks like you still need a warning systemfor the cameras though - Mike
Nutty_Nut_01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi barks,

Just on a slightly different subject......

Are your 12v outlets in your new vectra (one in the front, and one in the estate area) on all the time, or do they go on and off with the ignition ?

I like to leave my holster units, one for the gps (in the rear) and the other for the pda (suckered on the windscreen) permantly in the car, as they need resetting evertime if the power goes on and off.

Thanks in advance, if you can help.
bowler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutty_Nut_01 wrote:

Are your 12v outlets in your new vectra (one in the front, and one in the estate area) on all the time, or do they go on and off with the ignition ?

I like to leave my holster units, one for the gps (in the rear) and the other for the pda (suckered on the windscreen) permantly in the car, as they need resetting evertime if the power goes on and off.

Thanks in advance, if you can help.

The 12 Volt outlets in the Vectra are only on with the ignition except for the one in the luggage area of the estate which i believe is on permantly, the saloon and hatch do not have one in the boot.
Metoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutty_Nut_01 wrote:

By doing that you're asking to get your window smashed by some smack-ridden scrote hoping you've been lazy and thrown the GPS in the glove box. Hell, round here they'll even try it if there's a ring mark on the screen from the sucker!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: