Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iPAQ H5550 Query x 3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iPAQ H5550 Query x 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daleholden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: iPAQ H5550 Query x 3 Reply with quote

Hi 3 questions please

1. I have turned on my Ipaq h5550 this morning and noticed a folder with some playing cards next to it called icon in my Games screen.

I have not added any games just Solitaire & Jawbreaker that comes with the software.

When i try to delete this folder i cannot???

If i select the folder it pops up with a windows error message quote in the title bar it says ceshell.dll,-162

In the message box quote" Cannot find 'ceshell'(or one of its components)
make sure path & filenames are correct and all the required libriaries are available.

Any ideas how i get rid of it without a hard reset.

2/ In respect of hard resets i have had to do this 4 times in 3 weeks is there a tutorial on the bestway of using the backup utility? I have to keep resetting all my network settings and email settings is it possible to backup this info.

3/ When i set up my email account i have it called Dales email and itworks fine. But when i attach it to my active sync cradle it has an Activesync account that downloads all my folders into this account??

If i remove Dales email account then i get no email do i have to have these two accounts? How do i get them to download into one group of folders???

Cheers Dale
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any of your questions are particularly 5550 specific.

1. Take a look in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games using either Explore, My Pocket PC in ActiveSync, or a File Manager on the Pocket PC. I suspect you've somehow trashed something in the iPAQ's registry to do with the icon.lnk shortcut which gives you the folder icon.

2. iPAQ Backup will back up everything, including network and mail settings if you just use the default settings. I recommend spending US$10 for the upgrade to Sprite Backup Premium Edition, however - see the Sprite Software web site for details. I run with the program configured to keep two backup files, and backup nightly - so I always have two backups available on my SD card. That sort of sophistication requires Sprite Backup, though you can have a nightly timed backup using iPAQ Backup (the problem is that if something goes wrong in the backup, you can finish up with a dud backup file on your memory card and no way back!).

There have been problems with timed backups using iPAQ Backup on some Pocket PC 2003 iPAQs. Sprite have produced at least one fix - though I'd simply upgrade to Sprite Backup Premium Edition (or at least Sprite Backup) and not bother about trying to fix the built in application.

If you do hard reset and restore from either iPAQ Backup or Sprite Backup, you need to delete and recreate your ActiveSync partnership. There's also been an issue with OIDs of mail messages not getting patched up correctly - I'm not sure whether that bug has been fixed but in Pocket PC 2003, the easiest thing to do is use the Clear option on any POP3 or IMAP4 accounts and redownload all the messages.

3. Are you using the same email account in Outlook and in the account you set up? It sounds as if you might be. If so, I suggest you think carefully which fits your usage better - mail via ActiveSync (in which case you need to set up Inbox in ActiveSync) or mail directly (in which case you set up an account in Inbox on the Pocket PC).

I'm also a little surprised you're using the cradle to synchronise. If you have a wireless access point on your network, you can just tap the Sync button in ActiveSync to synchronise over the wireless LAN (it may take ten or so seconds to see anything happen on the PC!). Things are more complicated, however, if you're using adhoc wireless. Discussion of wireless ActiveSync is best taken somewhere better suited to such discussion - like the microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync newsgroup

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: