Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT6 and Ipaq
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT6 and Ipaq
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcushy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: TT6 and Ipaq Reply with quote

Just thought I would let every one know that TomTom 6 is fully compatible with the Ipaq H3870 running Windows PPC 2003. I have just upgraded my software on three of these devices and tomtom 6 works fine on them all. If you have not yet upgraded your Ipaq software or are missing the Asset tag from your upgrade and you want to use Tomtom 6, post here and I will see if I can help.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume these are legal versions of the software? We do not permit or condone illegal activities such as software piracy. Whatever are asset tags we really don't want to know - Mike
wcushy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course they are fully legal versions. I do not use pirated software. I offer instructions as to where you can download the software and upgrade instructions. Asset tags are the serial number of the Ipaq and in some upgrades were wiped off, I can give instructions as to how to re-enter the asset tag (serial) as this is needed by Microsoft reader and some other Satnav software like navman.
siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM 6 ON IPAQ Reply with quote

HI...I have a Ipaq RX 3715 which I nstalled Ver 6 on but ir states it cannot find any maps although they are there....what do you think Question
Moggy6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi have HP 6515 which on my other posting am having problems with sound do you know if HP have updated the Windows software or are there any other HP upgrades for this Pocket PC.

Regards john
siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: HP6515 Reply with quote

Hi John.

The best thing is to go to www.hp.com and search for udates...you can also subscribe (foc) for any further updates for your machine by email...they are very good for this.

Regards...siddler Exclamation
bond007
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Wcushy,

I have an aging Ipaq 3800 series model, I think it's a 3870 or 3850. Anyway, it has it's asset tag info wiped when an upgrade went wrong. I would appreciate any help/advice/instruction (dummy guide) on how i can resolve this. My original serial number is on the back of hte IPAQ if that helps..

Also found this explanation on Expansys

http://www.expansys.com/ft.aspx?i=101822&thread=7

but, it is way too techy for me....

Thanks
sweden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: TT6 and Ipaq Reply with quote

wcushy wrote:
Just thought I would let every one know that TomTom 6 is fully compatible with the Ipaq H3870 running Windows PPC 2003. I have just upgraded my software on three of these devices and tomtom 6 works fine on them all. If you have not yet upgraded your Ipaq software or are missing the Asset tag from your upgrade and you want to use Tomtom 6, post here and I will see if I can help.

Hi, first sorry for my english
Yes I need help, I have upgrade my iPAQ H3870 to Pocket PC 2003 but I can't run TomTom6
I have bought TT6 on DVD and copy files on a SD card but nothing happens when I put the sd-card in the device
I'm suspect there is something with the upgrade
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I assume these are legal versions of the software? We do not permit or condone illegal activities such as software piracy. Whatever are asset tags we really don't want to know - Mike

Mike...can you confirm , that what Mr wcushy has done is OK then ? (As I will run TT6 on two other devices that I have as well.... I ,wrongly it seems, assumed that it was one device only ?)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the individual has three seperate licenses (one for each installation) then this is acceptable, you can install the TomTom software on a single device, you can transfer the license to another device after a period of time. You must un-install the previous installition so as to only use a single device at any given point in time for each license you hold - Mike
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see....so he/she must have either purchased three copies of TT6, or waited the qualifying time before transferring to the 2nd and 3rd device...just remind me please, how long has TT6 been available ?
schneid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My iPaq 4355 loses TT Nav 6 maps too. They are there but TT says no maps are installed. Even if i restore them from backup they can't be seen. It is always back to TomTom Home (or is it H_ll) to reinstall them. Home shows them already installed but you have to re-install them.

Boy do wish i could just buy new maps for Nav 5.
wcushy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Sorry this is a little late, been away for the weekend. Siddler and Schnied, I am not sure why your maps are not showing, I did once have this problem but I removed my SD card reset the Ipaq and re-inserted the card and it worked. Moggy6 Only HP do updates for your PPC so you will have to go to www.hp.com as Siddler as suggested. Bond007 pm me yur Asset Tag and model number (This is also on the back of the Ipaq) and I will see what I can do. Sweden, you may need to run the install program manually you need to go into the File Explorer on the PPC and then to the storage card, then a folder called 2577 and in there you will see the cab file ttn2003.cab. you need to run this file. Mikeact, I have three licensed copies as they are Sat Nav devices used for our sales reps (thanks for confirming this Mikealder). Hope this helps a little.
Nomad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone got TT6 to run on an HP3970 running CE3?

nomad
wcushy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomad

Sorry but TOMTOM6 does not run on CE3 only CE4.2 and above.

Regards

Wcushy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: