Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman TMC T1 problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman TMC T1 problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hopesprings
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Navman TMC T1 problems Reply with quote

Hi I have recently purchased a Navman ICN530 with the T1 unit.I wish I had seen this site before wasting my money. For the first 2 weeks the unit just sat there saying scanning. I have sent many emails to the supplier and navman without a lot of help, I have tried every possible place for the antenna even on a stick above the car roof without any success. The navman site is not even worth contacting as all they say is that the unit does work(naturally)or the standard stock replies,but they cant give me a diffinitive place for the antenna.I sent the unit back and was told it would be replaced in october,then maybe jan 07 and then one arrived in a jiffybag on the 18th nov,and behold this is the same (I wish I had written down the serial number first).
Can anyone tell me if this unit does actually work, as reading this forum I get the feeling that it is still under development, and also where is the best place for the antenna in an 04 mondeo. The 530 is in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Failing that is there actually a system that does perform.
Many Thanks in anticipation.
Hopesprings.
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi hopesprings

I'm assuming you just want to see the system working to start with.

Have you received any kind of reception yet, as it can take anything from 5 min to half an hour to get a signal at times depending where in the country you are.

also have you read this post.
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=43369

I should also point out that replacing the std ariel with aftermarket addon has helped many others with similar problem. See posts.

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one to read is bobs solution which you can find HERE you would have to change the connector to match your T1 - its a bit over the top compared to a mag mount aerial from Maplins and a couple of addaptors but the big plus point once installed it can't be seen! - Mike
Hopesprings
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gents, thanks for the replies, I have now sent the T1 and 530 back to Navman for them to test as a pair. When I get them back I will let you know the result, then I may try some of the `interesting`antenna designs.
Thanks again
Hopesprings.
adampowell30
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to feedback my experience of T1/iCN530, which I've done elsewhere on this forum ...

Having followed with interest this thread, and other similar discussions on other forums, I decided to take the plunge and purchase the T1 last week as an add-on to the iCN530 which I've had for several months. I checked with globalpositioningsystems.co.uk that I could return it were it to prove useless, which I could do within 7 days ...

However, there's no need as it's been worked very well. What's more, the unit is working without any elaborate additional aerial fittings. In fact, it's working in a Ford Focus C-Max with all cables concealed in the car's front stowage unit on the dash, without even fitting the antenna to the windscreen - which isn't athermic but is heated - helping a few concerns I've read on security.

Although I've been using the unit for under a week, I've got nothing negative to say about the unit. There are areas with little or no reception but has been working fine in and around Bath, along some of the M4 and on a route from Bath to North of Oxford. There have been a couple of inaccuracies (no notification of very slow traffic despite reception, and an alert of lane closures on the M4 which didn't exist), but these would seem to be TMC faults rather than Navman.

So in summary, I'm delighted with how the system has worked and, whilst it could just be a lucky combination between unit and car, I'll be continuing to use it with my current "beginner's luck" set-up.

Adam
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopesprings wrote:
Hi gents, thanks for the replies, I have now sent the T1 and 530 back to Navman for them to test as a pair. When I get them back I will let you know the result, then I may try some of the `interesting`antenna designs.
Thanks again
Hopesprings.

What was the result and is it now working OK Question
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: New T1 Reply with quote

Received my new T1 today. First problem was the USB power connector which was faulty - Navman promises replacement. Found something suitable as a temp replacement & power now on in device.

Not yet got any traffic signal - have driven about 20 miles around SE Essex and have not received anything. Changed aerial location all around windscreen but still nothing!

P25 of manual says I can change the preferred station - but how?

Any suggestions to get started and connected would be appreciated Rolling Eyes
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does the status screen say? It needs to be Receiving TMC, not just Receiving and it needs to be receiving Classic FM.

You cannot change station. The T1 uses Classic FM in the UK. It may latch onto other stations now and again, but they will not provide TMC data. (I know there's been an exception, but just the one.)

I use an external antenna as the supplied one is very poor.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: