Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot live | Pocket PC 4 - any recommendations?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot live | Pocket PC 4 - any recommendations?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
h3dg3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:49 am    Post subject: CoPilot live | Pocket PC 4 - any recommendations? Reply with quote

I just bought a iPAQ h5555 and wanted to add GPS capability and was looking at Travroute/alk.com. I am not clear on their options for the iPAQ - they say you can get the
1. CoPilot Live | Pocket PC 4 with the CoPilot GPS Jacket or
2. CoPilot Live | Pocket PC 4 with a NEW CF GPS or
3. CoPilot Live | Pocket PC 4 with CoPilot Bluetooth GPS.

The sales people have not been that helpful and was was wondering what "bundle" should I purchase given everyones experience with the product. Additionally, I have not purchased the expansion pack and all I have right now is the iPAQ now without the expansion pack, will I need to purchase an expansion pack to use one of these options? Any help would be appreciated.

tia, h3dg3
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you have the 5555 I would suggest you use the built in BlueTooth functionality and go with the BT receiver. It doesn't even have to be the one from ALK (even though that one is quite good). You can choose any BT receiver you like...

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have tested all three of these setups, and for in-car use really the best is the Bluetooth as Lutz says. The second best option would be the GPS Sleeve as the antenna is more angled and suitable for in-car use, and last I would say the CF version.
h3dg3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: re: copilot live - pocket pc Reply with quote

Thanks for the recommendations - much appreciated...I just purchased a 256 sd mem card, probably more than I need - I think the site said 64mb for all three versions...With regard to the bluetooth, how does that attach to the ipaq (i am guessing it doesn't, its wireless), does it sit separate from the ipaq - how can it be used for in car use, basically, I am curious how the car mount looks? Sorry for all the "basic & newbie" questions but I am trying to picture how the BT receiver will sit in the car?

tia, h3dg3
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bluetooth is wireless, so for optimum position, you can just have it sitting somewhere on the dashboard.

We have a review of the sleeve at
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/emtacsleeve.php

And also the vent mount that ALK use
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/theclipventmount.php

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: